1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Employed
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I am content with what I have, then something snaps and I start to obsessively seek out my next firearm. It becomes a way of life. I dream about them. It's the first ting I thhink about when I wake up. My iPhone becomes a portal to gun land :lol: And since I regretted selling my Colts so much (and my thread on this site about that very thing was part of what triggered the snap this time), and since I have never owned a commander length 1911, a Colt Commander became the object of my search. I monitored Gun Broker, Auction Arms, and Guns America and was pretty shocked at how high those things would get bid up, and how high the buy-it-now prices were. I always read what things are worth, but never see them sell for that amount. LGS's are ridiculous with their prices and the pawn shops I know are too. So I started looking on Backpage.com. Nothing. Then I remembered Cabelas Gun Library. I've seen some epic rip-offs there, but I took a look anyway. In frozen Minnesota was a very nice pre-80 series Commander with my name written all over it. I think the price is fair, the condition is as good as I could hope to afford, and it was shipped to the Glendale AZ location for me yesterday. Once it arrives I am going to give it a once over, and provided everything is as it seems, bring it home with me. I am very excited and wanted to share it with a bunch of fanatics who can appreciate it. I'll post some pics of my own once I have it in my posession, hopefully this weekend.

2415228_coltcommander_2.jpg
2415228_coltcommander_1.jpg

Not 100% sure if it's a 1978 because the SN is tough to make out in the pic but it's in the late 70's range.

Attachments

·
Pulling my hair.
28,175 Posts
Congrats on the score. I have one dream gun myself. I love Colts also and am glad you finally found what you were looking for. Do post more pics and a range report soon.

·
Eddie Van Halen
6,927 Posts
you are going to love the way it feels in your hand. My '75 lwt commander is dreamy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a "shooter grade" 1966 Commander and my local crack dealer, i.e. gun shop, has a nice 1951 that I am planning to put some bucks down on! Gotta love Commanders!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts