SOLD 1981 Colt MK IV Series 70 WITHDRAWN

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Integrity Arms, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Okay so I wasn't real sure how to do this since it is my first time offering up a pistol like this. But, I have recently acquired a last year 70 series Colt 1911 MK IV.. This gun in my opinion is the perfect base for a build so this is how I am going to start off offering it. I have many of the parts already spec'd in my mind and on paper, but would like to offer someone the opportunity to spec this gun out for themselves. The barrel is not fit well, so I would suggest starting with fitting a Kart barrel and radial bore bushing.. and then go from there.

This is the last year of the 70 series gun before they went to series 80 pistols. The frame slide, roll marks are all in good shape. Satin finish will also need removed... I will offer this up as a base for $750.00 to start and add parts and labor accordingly..

This could be a really nice pistol for someone looking to get into a Custom Colt.. Roll marks appear a little light in spots due to lighting, crappy photography, and dirt lol, there are some spots deeper than others but all is pretty well done.

1981 Colt series 70 003.JPG 1981 Colt series 70 004.JPG 1981 Colt series 70 005.JPG

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. Ethank

Ethank Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Cool opportunity and even my birth year. Wish I could afford. Good luck

Steve Owens likes this.

3. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Yeah I know where all your recent funds went lol ;)

4. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    No takers on this? This is a really nice base guys. I am gonna build it one way or the other. It'd be great to work with a fellow addict to get them their dream gun... Slide to Frame on this is very conducive to an excellent and very accurate piece...

5. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    I am tempted but I need a gun to sell, that I hope won’t sell because I like it a lot. Perhaps after a different sale. Oh boy. I live 2 blocks from the hottest streetwalker action. I wonder if any lonely ladies are that hard up. I wonder if I’m that hard up. Ahh, who’s kidding. Gimme 20 bucks and I’ll tickle your neighbor’s dog.

6. rjinaz85308

rjinaz85308 North Central AZ Grasslands Supporting Addict

Jul 27, 2012
    This looks like a stainless gun or is it just in the white?

7. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Satin Nickel, the finish will have to be removed then it can be blued or finished with what ever finish is desired.

8. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Wow this classified board is really moving these days..

9. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    BTW for those of you to win this applies CT being one I know for sure this would make a great preban build... 0812181725g.jpg 0812181725c.jpg 0812181726.jpg

xerts1191, FWoo45 and DukeSoprano like this.
  10. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I would if it wasn't for the damn roster. GLWS someone is going to be really happy with this when done.

simonp and Steve Owens like this.
  11. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I'd love to give someone what they want on this. I mean I'll build it one way or another. I just hate to see someone miss out on all the fun of specking this out and having it just the way they want it. Super nice base for sure. If I could afford I'd build this one myself one of the tightest frame to slide fits, I've seen for awhile. I must admit the barrel fit is pretty bad, and I believe replacing it is far above trying to weld this one and refit. But, other than that the gun is real solid.. A lot of meat on the slide and frame as well. Going to make a great custom..

12. FredZ

FredZ Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 7, 2017
    I’m currently having Steve do another Valor for me after getting the first one back. If he wasn’t doing that I’d be on this colt like flies on stink. The person who gets this colt is going to be very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhoIsJohnGalt? and Steve Owens like this.
  13. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Really wish that I could, there is a lot to like about your build process, and I especially love the way you, and others, do the French Border. GLWS

Steve Owens likes this.
  14. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    What I particularly like about this gun is it's really meaty.. The frame slide fit is exceptional compared to other examples I've seen.. The barrel fit unfortunately is pretty bad, sure would be nice if it weren't.. The roll marks are also pretty decent compared to many of that era.. A little fading in a few spots but for the most part more than acceptable. TBH, I wish I could afford the build for my own to keep... The only thing that would of made it better imo would of been if it were blue instead of the satin nickel finish. These finishes look awesome initially, but don't take wear real well.. I appreciate the kind words sir.. I am very much dedicated to do the best I can on these guns, it is a real passion for me to produce the best I can.. I am practicing on some new cuts of my own and some new designs that will hopefully be exclusive to me, at least for awhile anyway lol. Oh, and I forgot to mention this thing has a really meaty front strap also. Perfect for checkering.

15. JMV375

JMV375 Active Member

Apr 5, 2014
    How much for just an outright sale of the Colt MK IV Ser. 70 by itself ???

Thanks
    JMV375

16. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I really hadn't considered selling it outright as the purpose in buying was to build the gun.. You can pm me an offer and I might be persuaded.. lol

17. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Boy you can tell the market slow when a 70 series Colt and a full build offer is drawing little attention.. Not only is it freezing outside it seems the firearms market is about frozen as well. I think I am about ready to just start collecting parts and make this mine.. Too extremely nice not to build on, that's for sure. Look how meaty that trigger guard is on this pistol Not only that the front strap is nearly .100 on this gun. This is one beefy frame and slide. (I'll listen to nice trade offers as well)..

18. Howe45acp

Howe45acp Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Wish I had the loot to do this! I have a 1978 70SC Combat Commander that I’ve threatened to have built for 10yrs now. I’ve talked to some of the biggest names in the business but I just can’t follow thru with it. I even bout a 1991 Combat Commander to take its place & then Colt dropped em.
    I have a few different specimens for full builds, I just always change my mind lol
    GLWS

Steve Owens likes this.
  19. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    This being the last year of the 70s and being in the condition it's in I couldn't be happier. I was a bit disappointed at the barrel fit, but besides that it is one nice base. Besides I'd rather fit a nice Kart or KKM barrel in it anyway.. It's just so sad, you can tell the barrel is top notch quality, just whoever they had fit it really botched the job bad, Honestly I think my grand daughter could of did a better job with a hacksaw. With everything else being as nice as it is, they really missed a great opportunity for this to be a really dynamic gun all the way around.. Sorry I am ranting, but one of the things that torx my arse more than anything is someone with the ability to do a job right and they botch the crap out of it. I never did understand having the skills to do something to nth degree and not utilizing those skills to give people their best you know... I was always raised with the saying if you don't have time to do it right the first time then you definitely don't have time to do it twice or redo it down the road..

20. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    While I can't believe I have gotten no takers on this I have no problem putting it in safe keeping and beginning the journey of purchasing the needed parts for a full on build. I understand the holidays are coming, which I refuse to get sucked into. But, this is a great opportunity for someone going unclaimed..

simonp likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted