1986 Miami FBI Shoot out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karsten, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    A while back I recall someone was being Forum Like and passing on his well read book about this incident. I thought back then I will have to look for a copy of this as I had only heard bits and piece of what all took place.

I ran across a few Re Creations and a documentary on this....While I know Holliweird and Re Creations very truly get it right.......The real life Crap Show had to have been horrendous.

These 2 they got the car model and the color right......Missed the years

This one they got the car right but the wrong color or right after they stole another Monte Carlo....Sure wish they would have had the prop guns right and lost the Mini 14 Assault Rifle

Okay,,,so now this Expert I really don't care for but this time he actually makes a little sense.

Okay, I wasted a lot of time drinking beer watching this....But it made me get back to thinking....What if?

Karsten

xerts1191, RN47 and Babboonbobo like this.
  2. Mike0251

Mike0251 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 25, 2016
    I was the one that posted about the book. Right after I finished reading it I found the first video (made for tv movie) that you posted above. Aside from small details it was very well done imho with some good acting. Couple of very sick individuals that's for damn sure.

xerts1191 and RN47 like this.

3. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    Platt & Matix disprove the notion that criminals don’t practice shooting. They practiced a lot and they were very effective.

xerts1191 likes this.
  4. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Also prior military didn't help!

xerts1191 likes this.
  5. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    They also shot and robbed other shooters out in the boonies for cars and perhaps weapons.

Lessons I take from this:
    • Situational awareness matters. Always.
    • Don’t shoot up all your ammo.
    • Bring a rifle or carbine, even if you’re just planning on shooting pistols.

Ed Mireles (one of the FBI agents at the 86 shootout) wrote a book about this event recently. He has also given lengthy interviews on the event to a few podcasts that are well worth listening too.

American Warrior Society podcast is one of them.

xerts1191 and HOTCHKIS like this.
  6. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    I put my autographed copy of this book up for grabs a couple of months ago. I forget who won it. It is a great read and I couldn't put it down until I read the whole book. You can check out his book and buy it from his website. Well worth every penny!
    https://edmireles.com/

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted