1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one use a 1X fixed power scope on your AR with a front sight post? My upper has an A2 front sight post and I was thinking of a 1 power fixed magnification scope for my aging eyes. Just wanted to know if there were any issues with the post obstructing the view?

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PAC1X-ACSS-CYCLOPS_07[3].jpg
I was considering this one from Primary Arms.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I’ve got Eotechs on a couple of my AR, and I used to use them on my crossbows. I have moved to regular scopes with illumination on my crossbows which have proven to be better in low light early morning and late evening hunting.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,587 Posts
1X is no magnification, you get a dot or some sort of reticle but that's it. If that's what you want get an optic that is of the correct height for the dot or reticle to cowitness with the front sight on your upper because you're going to see your front sight through it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have a DDM4V1 with a front sight post and have it set up with a Trijicon MRO with a Scalarworks LDM/MRO mount (Lower 1/3 Cowitness).

Another option that is more budget friendly is a Sig Sauer Romeo5 1x20mm Red Dot Sight (R52001). It included a M1913 Picatinny low mount riser and a co-witness 1.41” riser mount so I bought a few from PSA for $99-$119 with free shipping during one of their sales. and have done a few AR's (a couple of LE6920's that have a front sight post) with no complaints....all good feedback so far so I bought a couple of spares for the "warchest".

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-1x20mm-red-dot-sight-black-r52001.html

DDM4V1 21.jpg
DDM4V1 25.jpg

·
Pulling my hair.
27,674 Posts
Anything 4X and below will see right past the front post like it wasn't there.....Above that you have issues with Obstruction of the sight picture.

Karsten
I have just the opposite happen. I have 1.5x4 Leupold on an AR-15 and I can see the the front sight at 1.5-2 but not after. Have 3x9's on 3 others and can't see the front sights at all.

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really appreciate all the replies! I fixed the problem...:D

·
Banned
1,475 Posts
I have just the opposite happen. I have 1.5x4 Leupold on an AR-15 and I can see the the front sight at 1.5-2 but not after. Have 3x9's on 3 others and can't see the front sights at all.

Sorry, Limb....I was in a rush and got the below and Above back Asswards....I fixed it now.

Karsten

·
Registered
33 Posts
"1 power" and "magnification" simply don't mean anything.

Reactions: simonp
1 - 12 of 12 Posts