1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She's back together and looks like she's ready for some dancing. Hopefully Fri. or Mon. range run.
Brenda, at Baer, said she had a couple sets of thin TRS grips left. So I took a set and she sent the thin bushings with large grip screws as well. I did opt. to put in Challis SS thin bushings. I did have to make a jig setup to router for a ambi safety.
Karl helped me get some HC done on controls. For a super early S/N (0020) Hillsdale TRS I think she looks great.

What say you?

IMG_4551.jpg
IMG_4552.jpg

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,046 Posts
Outstanding, love it. To me two/tone are by far the prettiest of the 1911's, well done (y) (y)

Reactions: TheCollector

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't seen a 2 tone TRS before. I dig it! Mine is a slightly higher s/n. Sweet heater
Actually... An Addict here has S/N 0002 TRS and its a two tone.

I’ll take it.
Sold to @Slapshot for $3100.............. thanks for shopping at "The Collector's Auction"
payment, as always. is non-refundable CASH!!!

Outstanding, love it. To me two/tone are by far the prettiest of the 1911's, well done (y) (y)
I must be starting to think the same way...... as they seem to be multiplying here... Mrs. C. told me I need to get them separated (from multiplying) as she doesn't think I need another.... She doesn't know I tried to get one more... (@Greg M. )

Reactions: Slapshot

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,134 Posts
Actually... An Addict here has S/N 0002 TRS and its a two tone.

Sold to @Slapshot for $3100.............. thanks for shopping at "The Collector's Auction"
payment, as always. is non-refundable CASH!!!

I must be starting to think the same way...... as they seem to be multiplying here... Mrs. C. told me I need to get them separated (from multiplying) as she doesn't think I need another.... She doesn't know I tried to get one more... (@Greg M. )
I’ll do my best to help you out haha. That’s a great looking LB.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Nice TRS, makes me wish I still had the ones I let go. Like the finish on that one looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I also have an early TRS, but the serial number is way higher (low 3-digits). Would never sell it. There is another one on GB right now that is going for a song. Someone here should snap it up.

·
Fictional Western Sage
2,100 Posts
I get it on the early Thunder Ranch Specials. Mine is about 150 higher serial number than The Collectors. Has the original small thumb safety. I changed the sights and stocks, but everything else is as it came from Hillsdale in February of 2000. No way would I part with it for any amount of money.
IMG_0072 copy.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That looks great. Original blue on the slide?
Original Blue??
I can't say for positive... I bought it from an Addict here, Michael G. He said he ordered it from LB so that he could qualify to attend a friendly comp. shoot at Thunder Ranch in 2000. He said Les & Clint put on the weekend get together. The one requirement was you had to own a TRS. He stated that he shot it through out that weekend and then sent it to Virgil Trip to have the frame HC. He said there was a guy there that had ordered one from LB in the two tone. He liked it so much he wanted his to look like it. Michael said he never shot it after finally getting it back. It still has the 1999 dated sights on it. Frame. barrel, bushing, breach face, hammer, FP stop etc. show very little wear.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts