2000 rounds of PPU 5.56 in sealed Battle Packs - Removed

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by soverystout, Sep 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. soverystout

soverystout Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
  2. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    Probably some thread crapping going on.
    We all know what we all are thinking.
    Just save it and let him sell it if he can.

3. Zero1911

Zero1911 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2019
    75 cents per round delivered for XM193BT is more than fair in this market. Wolf Polyformance 223 is 70 cents per round plus delivery. If you can find it. Which you can’t.

4. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    It seems that in this current situation we all find ourselves in due to Covid19, riots, looting and general civil unrest, if someone doesn't reload nor have a stock pile of ammo, they will be forced to pay current market prices for it. While a case of ammo is expensive and hard to find, I guess people can split cases, it would take the sting out of the price. I would rather over pay and have some ammo to defend myself than have to use my pistol as a brick and my rifle as a club. I both reload and stock piled, I've lived through these shortages before and learned my lesson.

5. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Sorry that I missed the fun. GLWS I guess.

Dreadnought likes this.
  6. soverystout

Dec 26, 2019
    One and only price reduction. 1390 shipped.

DMiller likes this.
  7. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Very Generous sir.
    Someone will be right on It, I'm sure.
    GLWS

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    ILED93, IndyExit, joe45 and 4 others like this.
  8. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    3rd times a charm I wonder who owns this Malarkey?.

Greg M. likes this.
  9. EvolutionArmory

EvolutionArmory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Here’s a tip for you. Don’t post panic buy prices on this forum. People are gonna give you a hard time.

Put it on gunbroker for a penny auction and let the market dictate what you’ll get. I guarantee if you start with a penny you’ll get more than you’ll get if you list it for 1400 here.

Let the market dictate what someone is willing to bid and it’s not your problem if someone wants to pay close to a buck a round.

10. DWdude

DWdude Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2019
  11. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Well stated David. There are enough "Cheaper Than Dirt" retailers out there. No need to post that stuff in such a fine forum. Folks remember...

simonp, ILED93, Songcatcher and 3 others like this.
  12. 5pt56

5pt56 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2019
    So maybe someone with more exposure to this forum and tenure can clarify something for me...wouldn't some of the comments above be considered thread crapping?

Whether I agree with the comments or not the point I'm making and asking for confirmation on is that if its a rule but we don't have to follow it then why bother having it as a rule?

I tend to try and go with "If I dont have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all".

If there were zero comments, zero likes...dont we think that would get the point across all on its own? I have zero association with the OP but just asking an honest question here?

13. random84

random84 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2020
    Yeah, for a forum where people send you nasty grams over talking about comparing a FS gun to gunbroker, or someone posting pics of their gun in someone else's FS thread as a way of showing appreciation, and all the other stuff that is posted in the Guidelines...

This thread has gone well off the rails.

I'm not saying the OP is good / bad or high / low - i personally suspect he'll get close to his price with the market. Im just saying for a forum that prides itself on respecting others and following the rules, several guys have crossed the line here... just because the market is something other than what they wish it to be.

It doesn't help most of us stocked up during the "salad days" of pre-pandemic pricing!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Yep.....most all the posts were thread crapping.

5pt56 likes this.
  15. EvolutionArmory

Sep 9, 2011
    I hope my own post wasn’t considered thread crapping. I just wanted to give the guy some friendly advice. I’m a capitalist so something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay and my whole industry is based on that premise. I just wanted to tell him that his for sale ad was targeted at the wrong audience.

I’m gonna post some of my own ammo this weekend on gunbroker starting at a penny ;)

5pt56 and Greg M. like this.
  16. EvolutionArmory

Sep 9, 2011
    Yes. I agree with you. The OP posted current market value prices and most of the comments crossed the line. I didn’t say anything until the 3rd time it was cleaned up.

Was his pricing fair for the market? Probably. Is this the wrong place to post it? Probably.

5pt56 and soverystout like this.
  17. soverystout

Dec 26, 2019
    As the OP, I did not consider your post thread crapping. I saw it as constructive feedback. That being said, there are 2 sets of rules around here so all whom have viewed this thread can take it as a hint of where to post your for sale items in this market. All is well and no harm done. With the likelihood of Biden getting into the WH it is probably best for me to hold onto this ammo anyway. Buying 2000 rounds of AR ammo may become a federal offense someday.........

Plasman, 5pt56, Zero1911 and 2 others like this.
  18. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    Allow me to leave this here.

Pscipio03 Said:
    Jelly,
    Your right to do so obviously and if someone is being egregious it shouldn't be tolerated. I would only ask that you stay objective on it. I remember a couple of months ago someone posted their 1911, and one of our members pointed out the idiot scratch on it. That specific pic was taken down and the others left up. We can take a caveat emptor approach, but the one thing I really like about this forum is how protective members are of each other. I guarantee more than one guy/gal has been saved from making a regretful purchase because of a comment brought up by another member.
    I understand what DG is saying as well, but I would reserve the ability to mention it open forum if I've already PM'd the seller and he/she disregarded the issue.
    I'll admit I got snippy with PorscheGuy on one of his previous ads and used 'butthurt' which was a bit sophomoric on my part. But, in the end, the ad was up for awhile without pics and comments regarding so went unanswered.
    PG-- don't take anything personally from any of us. A lot of us kick tires when we're looking at the pics, but we are also fawning over the gun being sold. I look at the ads, say...with full knowledge that I'll never buy a SACS as I find them grotesquely overpriced, but still love to look at em.
    Finally, we have to remember that it's impossible to impart emotion over text.
    Just my $.02 and I'm stepping off my soapbox.

Mike A Said:
    You may have a point about thread crapping :confused: I Dono, however we have the right to say at the damn Gun show " Man that's a rip off " to a dealer yes/no?

So if a new member PMed me to ask if this "Removed" post about some surplus ammo was worth the asking price. Well what would you advise them on??? I do not lie nor do I gouge people about something as important as Guns and Ammunition. I also do not like being told, I can not comment on someone posting a rip off!!!

Getting a gun & some ammo can be life or death in our very dangerous times. Remember back to your 1st gun & box of ammo? Well how would you feel today if you just got an $800 Colt 1911 for $1800 bucks & had to find ammo now?

I'm done thanks for reading.

I believe the 1911 Addicts are a hell of a lot better than that! :happy: What say you?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    villdetwink, 5pt56 and rhsth4 like this.
  19. Zero1911

Zero1911 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2019

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted