1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,492 Posts
That's incredible.! I was hoping to see a video. I'm sure there's one somewhere.

·
3,492 Posts

Enter his name on YouTube search.
Thanks for finding and posting that! 11.7 second trajectory time. That list of other record holders at the end of the video is likewise impressive. But 2000 yds? Who can see that far ? Even with a scope, that plate has to look tiny.

·
The Tinker
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like some details about the pistol. Not sure if that’s available.
It appears to be a slide inside the frame design. EAA or something similar?

·
The Tinker
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's nothing when I was a kid my mother could hit me with a wooden spoon from 100' away, no sights, no calculated trajectory, just raw Italian anger. OP sorry didn't mean to derail you thread.
That's OK. Actually brought back a memory of grandma throwing a skillet at grandpa's back as he was running out of the kitchen. Kirkpatricks. From the village of Kirkpatrick (or so I was told/remember). Nobody messed with grandma. :)

·
3,492 Posts
That's nothing when I was a kid my mother could hit me with a wooden spoon from 100' away, no sights, no calculated trajectory, just raw Italian anger. OP sorry didn't mean to derail you thread.
My mom was Italian too. Her weapon of choice was a tennis shoe to the back of the head. If her hands were big enough to hold a football, she could have played professionally!

·
The Tinker
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wonder if a 45 slug would even travel that far?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Now that was pretty darn impressive! Yes, a .45 slug will travel that far. I did it. As I remember I hit the ground and was lucky to hit that at that range! In the old west the cavelry soldiers would practice at long range, quite a few could hit a man sized target at 300 yards and a horse at 500 yards with the .45 Colt.

·
The Tinker
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now that was pretty darn impressive! Yes, a .45 slug will travel that far. I did it. As I remember I hit the ground and was lucky to hit that at that range! In the old west the cavelry soldiers would practice at long range, quite a few could hit a man sized target at 300 yards and a horse at 500 yards with the .45 Colt.
Do you have information on a 45 traveling 2000 yds.? A physics site I found says it only goes 1800 yds., but I have no idea if the data presented is valid. Just a FYI, not arguing. :)

https://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/DomnaAntoniadis.shtml

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
3,967 Posts
10mm? Probably a hot handload? 10 is my favorite round for a 1911. I'm going to go for a 2,500 yd shot with my Kodiak long slide...lol

Reactions: wrmiller

·
The Tinker
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
10mm? Probably a hot handload? 10 is my favorite round for a 1911. I'm going to go for a 2,500 yd shot with my Kodiak long slide...lol
According to the five sites that I found, the standard 10mm goes just over 2200 yds., so yea, you may have to juice it a bit for a 2500 yd. shot. ;)

Reactions: OldCuz
1 - 20 of 23 Posts