1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may be a topic often discussed but I seldom see a 100% concrete answer on what I am asking

I have x3 120mm 16 round Staccato mags and x1 126mm 17 round Staccato mag

I am looking at picking up a couple more in the 126mm range and I desire 18-20 round capacity

•TTI seems to make a 3mm +1 basepad and a 7mm +3 basepad for the 17 round 126mm magazines, anyone have experience with these?

here we have x2 different 126mm mags from Atlas, a 18 and a 19 rounder? why? whats the difference?

MBX defender 18 round mags look really nice as well, but may not fit with my magwell
Air gun Trigger Sleeve Glove Gun barrel

I hoping to achieve 36-39 rounds capacity between my main mag and backup for ccw

My Macro holds 18, why shouldn't my bigger C2 be able to hold more! (16 is plenty but why when you could hold 18-19)

· Registered
4,015 Posts
I know this may be a topic often discussed but I seldom see a 100% concrete answer on what I am asking

I have x3 120mm 16 round Staccato mags and x1 126mm 17 round Staccato mag

I am looking at picking up a couple more in the 126mm range and I desire 18-20 round capacity

•TTI seems to make a 3mm +1 basepad and a 7mm +3 basepad for the 17 round 126mm magazines, anyone have experience with these?

here we have x2 different 126mm mags from Atlas, a 18 and a 19 rounder? why? whats the difference?

MBX defender 18 round mags look really nice as well, but may not fit with my magwell View attachment 1126966

I hoping to achieve 36-39 rounds capacity between my main mag and backup for ccw

My Macro holds 18, why shouldn't my bigger C2 be able to hold more! (16 is plenty but why when you could hold 18-19)
Why bother with extending 126mm magazine vs using 140mm?

Oops, see it says no magwell.

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why bother with extending 126mm magazine vs using 140mm?

Oops, see it says no magwell.
well for starters the one you linked wont fit my magwell

and 126mm with how much it sticks out is as about as big as I would wanna carry ccw aiwb, just looking for the highest capacity options greater than 17 rounds in that size

its not about extending at all, thats what I am asking, it seems Atlas makes 18 and 19 round 126mm magazines

TTI makes a +1 basepad that relatively adds nothing in terms of length

· Registered
2,338 Posts
well for starters the one you linked wont fit my magwell

and 126mm with how much it sticks out is as about as big as I would wanna carry ccw aiwb, just looking for the highest capacity options greater than 17 rounds in that size

its not about extending at all, thats what I am asking, it seems Atlas makes 18 and 19 round 126mm magazines

TTI makes a +1 basepad that relatively adds nothing in terms of length
The difference is the follower. The 18 is a more robust hard use follower, the 19 uses a very thin follower that really is better served for a range mag.

Personally I think the Staccato Gen 3 with the 10-8 extension is the best 126mm C2 Solution. I do think the MBX Defenders are a good choice and may work with your magwell as MBX slightly extended the tube on the current C2 Defenders.

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The difference is the follower. The 18 is a more robust hard use follower, the 19 uses a very thin follower that really is better served for a range mag.

Personally I think the Staccato Gen 3 with the 10-8 extension is the best 126mm C2 Solution. I do think the MBX Defenders are a good choice and may work with your magwell as MBX slightly extended the tube on the current C2 Defenders.
thanks, my 4 gen3 mags have been a 100% so far, I will check out these 10-8 extension and MBX defender may work, there is just no word yet, would hate to buy a $100 magazine and it is not compatible

what 10-8 126mm extension, I see a basepad that adds nothing and is sold out

· Registered
2,338 Posts
thanks, my 4 gen3 mags have been a 100% so far, I will check out these 10-8 extension and MBX defender may work, there is just no word yet, would hate to buy a $100 magazine and it is not compatible

what 10-8 126mm extension, I see a basepad that adds nothing and is sold out
That is the one but I just read through its description and it won't work with magwells either. That said, running a Staccato 126 with the regular basepad will also work fine and look essentially the same as the Atlas 126.

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is the one but I just read through its description and it won't work with magwells either. That said, running a Staccato 126 with the regular basepad will also work fine and look essentially the same as the Atlas 126.
I have no problem with how much the 126mm stick out of the c2 as pictured

I just want more capacity out of the same size mag 18-19 as opposed to 17

looking at TTI basepads or may try one of those Atlas mags

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just watched the video on Atlas’ website from your link. It explains they plan to make two followers - most reliable with capacity 18 and an OK one with capacity 19.
👍 🤔

20 round 126mm ?

· Registered
310 Posts
I just want more capacity out of the same size mag 18-19 as opposed to 17

looking at TTI basepads or may try one of those Atlas mags
The TTI base pads are GTG. However, the other variable is the spring (length / number of coils). With a Grams 11-coil spring and their follower, combined with a TTI 4mm base pad, you should get to 19 rounds on the 126s. I have a couple set up that way and haven't had any issues so far. Lots of folks running the same set-up on 140s (including myself), without issue, so you might even experiment with a 10-coil on the 126s (might be able to eek out 20 rounds).

Also, 126s with TTI base pads are compatible with the STI tac slim magwell when used on full-size gen-1 grips. I haven't tried them on full-size gen-2 grips with the tac slim magwell, but I don't see it being an issue, as the magwell is what hangs up the later style base pads, regardless of which gen grip module you are running. Obviously it's a non-issue with a gen-2 ODS grip running the tac-slim either, but the mag will stick out a bit and you won't get a mechanical stop to prevent over-insertion.

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The TTI base pads are GTG. However, the other variable is the spring (length / number of coils). With a Grams 11-coil spring and their follower, combined with a TTI 4mm base pad, you should get to 19 rounds on the 126s. I have a couple set up that way and haven't had any issues so far. Lots of folks running the same set-up on 140s (including myself), without issue, so you might even experiment with a 10-coil on the 126s (might be able to eek out 20 rounds).

Also, 126s with TTI base pads are compatible with the STI tac slim magwell when used on full-size gen-1 grips. I haven't tried them on full-size gen-2 grips with the tac slim magwell, but I don't see it being an issue, as the magwell is what hangs up the later style base pads, regardless of which gen grip module you are running. Obviously it's a non-issue with a gen-2 ODS grip running the tac-slim either, but the mag will stick out a bit and you won't get a mechanical stop to prevent over-insertion.
did you use the 3mm or 7mm, I am gonna maybe grab 1 of each

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also, you might save a few bucks if you DIY them and buy 126mm Checkmate tubes (OEM for Staccato and others), Grams follower/spring kits, and TTI base pads separately. YMMV...
thank you very much for the advice

Triarc currently has them for 39.99 but than it asks for a basepad option for +17-18 and shipping they come out to the same price as I can get them from Stacatto after discount, and the Triarcs are gen 2's?

· Registered
310 Posts
thank you very much for the advice

Triarc currently has them for 39.99 but than it asks for a basepad option for +17-18 and shipping they come out to the same price as I can get them from Stacatto after discount, and the Triarcs are gen 2's?
Even without base pads, $40 is still a pretty good deal for tubes (and you'll have spare springs/followers). That would likely put you under $100 each, after sourcing Grams 11-coil kits and TTI base pads. And yep, I believe Triarc uses the same (Checkmate) tubes that Staccato does.

Also, if you don't care about lock-back capability, you can remove the follower tab and get 20 in a 126 with the 11-coil and a 4mm base pad.

Or, if you don't want to hassle with sourcing parts from different vendors, you might just bite the bullet and grab the ones From Atlas. That would put you around $120/ea. after adding the Grams kits (which they sell). They come with TTI 4mm base pads, but they are Atlas-branded, if that matters. (y)

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

· Registered
310 Posts
beautiful gun 😯

it says on the TTI website that the 4mm are recommended for 140mm tubes 🤔
Yeah, I don't know why they say that. I run the 4mm TTIs on 126s as above without any issues so far. Also, Atlas uses the 4mm TTI pads on the 126s they sell as well (albeit with their own branding). But, if you can squeeze 19 in using the 3mm (with a lock-back follower and 10 or 11-coil spring), please let us know.

That said, it's usually a good ideal to not be right at coil-bind with a "full" mag. Less potential first-round FTF issues and a bit more buffer / insurance against ejector damage in the even that you blow past the mag catch and don't have an adequate mechanical stop from the particular grip / mag / magwell combo being used.

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I don't know why they say that. I run the 4mm TTIs on 126s as above without any issues so far. Also, Atlas uses the 4mm TTI pads on the 126s they sell as well (albeit with their own branding). But, if you can squeeze 19 in using the 3mm (with a lock-back follower and 10 or 11-coil spring), please let us know.

That said, it's usually a good ideal to not be right at coil-bind with a "full" mag. Less potential first-round FTF issues and a bit more buffer / insurance against ejector damage in the even that you blow past the mag catch and don't have an adequate mechanical stop from the particular grip / mag / magwell combo being used.
good to know, your also using a P frame / grip, whereas mine is a C2, so there is a slight difference there

yea I had no plans of messing with springs was just looking mostly at what basepads to use in conjunction with my 126mm 17 round mags to increase capacity in the range of 18-20

or what mags are 18-20
126mm stock

and I would be happy with that, goal is 36-40 rounds for my mag in the gun and backup

Outerwear Sleeve Textile Grey Musical instrument

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Tints and shades Pattern

· Registered
310 Posts
yea I had no plans of messing with springs was just looking mostly at what basepads to use in conjunction with my 126mm 17 round mags to increase capacity in the range of 18-20
Was just scrolling thru Ben Stoegers site and came across these. They are +3 base pads specifically designed for 126mm mags in ODS grips:

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sleeve Font Bag Netbook Revolver

Gesture Finger Wrist Thigh Human leg

Automotive lighting Rectangle Bumper Automotive tire Gadget

about to order about x4 126mm 17 round mags to double my mag collection for the C2

regarding what base pads to get, it seems like the stock c2 basepad is 3mm?? I used a pair or calipers and it seems close to that, the gap between the basepad and the magwell is about 2mm, so it would seem the 3mm and 4mm are good to go?

any advice is appreciated before I pull the trigger

the TTI pic up top is : 7mm, 4mm, 3mm

1 - 20 of 25 Posts