1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
about to order about x4 126mm 17 round mags to double my mag collection for the C2

regarding what base pads to get, it seems like the stock c2 basepad is 3mm?? I used a pair or calipers and it seems close to that, the gap between the basepad and the magwell is about 2mm, so it would seem the 3mm and 4mm are good to go?
Did you see my previous post regarding the Henning base pads? Those seem to be the way to go if you are seeking to increase capacity on the 126s and use them with an ODS grip (+3 rounds and a flush fit / mechanical stop). Or, if you are OK with stock capacity in the 126s, then the 10-8 base pads for ODS grips are GTG as well, however you would need to switch out your magwell (FYI MachineWerks makes a magwell that is identical to the STI slim-tac, but accepts all base-pads).

Regarding the TTI base pads: All are GTG. With these, the base pad / magwell gap won't change no matter which one you use. The overall mag length increases as you go up in BP size, and you will not get a mechanical stop with any of them when using a 126 in an ODS grip. So, it just depends on what "+" capacity you desire vs. the overall mag length you are OK with.

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Did you see my previous post regarding the Henning base pads? Those seem to be the way to go if you are seeking to increase capacity on the 126s and use them with an ODS grip (+3 rounds and a flush fit / mechanical stop). Or, if you are OK with stock capacity in the 126s, then the 10-8 base pads for ODS grips are GTG as well, however you would need to switch out your magwell (FYI MachineWerks makes a magwell that is identical to the STI slim-tac, but accepts all base-pads).

Regarding the TTI base pads: All are GTG. With these, the base pad / magwell gap won't change no matter which one you use. The overall mag length increases as you go up in BP size, and you will not get a mechanical stop with any of them when using a 126 in an ODS grip. So, it just depends on what "+" capacity you desire vs. the overall mag length you are OK with.

oh so the ones you linked close the gap and add +3, but your saying the TTI ones just add length + capacity but don't close the gap?

now do the Henning +3 work with the magwell I have, thats the question, does not look like it does!

the 10-8's look nice but no capacity increase , so they may be nicer than oem but 🤷🏻‍♂️ they also are unobtainum apparently, they were in stock for 15 minutes yesterday (126mm one's) apparently their hot cakes or something 🙃

· Registered
310 Posts
oh so the ones you linked close the gap and add +3, but your saying the TTI ones just add length + capacity but don't close the gap?
Yep, exactly.
now do the Henning +3 work with the magwell I have, thats the question, does not look like it does!
Doubtful, but maybe. If not, the MachineWerks magwell might be an option. It's basically a clone of the STI slim-tac magwell you have there, but it's compatible with all base pads (CNC machined 6061, made in the US). (y)

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Yep, exactly.

Doubtful, but maybe. If not, the MachineWerks magwell might be an option. It's basically a clone of the STI slim-tac magwell you have there, but it's compatible with all base pads (CNC machined 6061, made in the US). (y)
the magwell on my c2 is actually the machine werks, not the sti slim tac ^_^

I just ordered x3 Atlas 18 round lock back 126mm mags, now I am gonna order 1 base pad from TTI 4mm for +2 for my 126mm 17 round gen3 Staccato mag

so I will either carry an 18 round Atlas and a 18 round Atlas backup (37 rounds) most likely or an 18 round Atlas in the gun and a 17 rounder gen 3 126mm with 4mm tti basepad for 19 rounds (38 rounds)

🫡👏 thanks for the help addicts

21 - 25 of 25 Posts