2011 Twelve Hours of Sebring

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Hurricanes, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Hurricanes

Hurricanes Member

Aug 21, 2011
    These are a few photos from when my father and I attended the Twelve Hours of Sebring at Sebring International Raceway. While these are not all the photos, I thought I'd post a few for you guys to enjoy.
    -Joel

My fathers Monterey Red Corvette in the Corvette Corral on the right. The Z06 is not mine, :Cry:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011

2. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    This is FUN!!!:thumb:
    Thanks for sharing.:nod:

3. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Great photos! Nice to see the Ford in there. :thumb:

Andy

4. Hurricanes

Hurricanes Member

Aug 21, 2011
    The Ford GT is one of the meanest sounding cars on the track.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Hopefully I can improve some of the sunset/night shots.
    -Joel

5. E39

E39 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 15, 2011
    I had a lot of pictures from Sebring back around 1985 (Porsche 962's etc.). It was a lot of fun. I took pictures of the AMLS race at Mid-Ohio last year with my cellphone - most just showed the start-finish but no cars! Stupid shutter...

6. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    And yes, E39 is the design which would be remembered forever. No "bangleoids"..:lol:

7. E39

Oct 15, 2011
    Ah yes, the Bangle Butt.

8. gajones06

gajones06 Member

Nov 26, 2011
    looks awesome!! I normally got to the indy 500 an when moto gp comes to indy but I have always wanted to see the 12 hours of sebring...

9. Hurricanes

Hurricanes Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I recommend checking it out sometime. First time I went a few years back I was overwhelmed with how long the race was. I remember walking around seeing the race from different spots around the track, and sitting down exhausted only to realize that there was still 6 hours to go. But as the sun lowered and the sky got darker, I didn't want it to end. The race becomes something else when the sun goes down. Certain parts of the track are completely dark with the only things being visible are the headlights, and glowing brake rotors as the cars dive for the corner. And once they hit the final corner (turn 17) you'll see the sparks shooting from behind the casr as the rear diffusers bounce off the pavement.
    -Joel

This is not my video, but just an idea of the different sounds of ALMS @ Sebring(testing):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RQaTjfWHoc&feature=related

10. E39

Oct 15, 2011
    Definitely. Depending upon how old you are, Sebring holds a lot of memories for early sports car racing enthusiasts.

11. Hurricanes

Hurricanes Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Unfortuntely I didn't get into professional motorsports until about 6-7 years ago, and my first time attending the 12 Hours of Sebring was I believe 2008. I have seen some videos on youtube, but wish I could've heard cars like the original Ford GT40s, Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupes, or Porsche 917s in person at Sebring Raceway.
    -Joel

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted