2012 Ohio Sectional

Discussion in 'Competition 1911's' started by polizei1, Oct 24, 2011.

1. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Just a heads-up to those who are interested, the 2012 Ohio Sectional for USPSA will be held at MRPC in Batavia, Ohio (Miami Rifle and Pistol Club): http://www.miamirifle-pistol.org

Feel free to post updated information and I'll edit this post. Prizes so far are rumored to be 14 guns.

BTW: If anyone has a chrono I can borrow...it would be greatly appreciated! I need to get my rounds chrono'd before the match so I know if I'm making PF.

2. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I may know someone local, I will check and let you know.

I was supposed to be joining fairfield sportsman, but I am looking hard at Miamisburg now. They have winter practice USPSA matches as well as a Monday night session.

3. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Miamisburg is a pretty nice range, I like shooting USPSA there but I like Miami more. If I wasn't in school I would shoot the Monday night practice.

Fairfield is pretty close to me, I'd meet up and shoot there if you can setup IPSC targets.

4. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    They have a Friday night steel match at Fairfield if that has ever interested you. I am going to try and make one of the winter Miamisburg match, hoping less people means I make less of a fool of myself. Not sure what I will run but I have options.

I will look into Miami again, but I seem to remember they had some rule about showing up and if they were out of apps oh well. The others needing a sponsor is less of an issue for me.

Can't you just ask to Chrono at one of the matches? I would think they would have one.

5. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Level 1 matches (local) don't require a chrono, so no one brings them.

As for Friday night steel, I'm not really a fan of shooting steel. I starting shooting steel first, but I like USPSA much more. Also, yes at MRPC they only take the first 30-people that show up for orientation, but I'm not sure how much of an issue that is...

You can shoot the competitions without being a member, though. As for making a fool of yourself, everyone is new at one point and as long as you go slow and follow the safety rules, no one will have an issue. Safety is paramount! There are always 1-2 new people at every match!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted