1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think STI made a mistake only offering the 2020 C in DUO config? I'm a believer in RDS, having carried them since 2012, but sometimes you just want simple and slim.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I think it comes down to numbers. If the majority sold or requested are in DUO configuration then why not simplify production to make all guns duo. Less overstock. Less tooling change. Less parts to inventory and you know what you make will be sold. It’s not like you have to use a RDS, you just have the option.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it comes down to numbers. If the majority sold or requested are in DUO configuration then why not simplify production to make all guns duo. Less overstock. Less tooling change. Less parts to inventory and you know what you make will be sold. It’s not like you have to use a RDS, you just have the option.
True, but the same could be said of the C2 and P.

·
Enabler
3,496 Posts
You can't really tell unless you look close that it is a duo and they didn't add as much for the option only $200. I think it's good to have the option on one gun instead of having to buy two.

But I like it better when you buy two

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Enabler
3,496 Posts
Spoken like the true crack dealer you are!
Sounds to me like you need a new C duo.

I crack myself up

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the 2019 C and a 2020 C Duo, both shoot EXTREMELY well. I'm trying to convince myself to sell the C but it's difficult for some reason

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don’t like the absence of the DLC barrels (minus hard chrome XL and XC models)

that’s a head-scratcher for me

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I believe they explained that in their multi hour podcast. They said that there will be wear points on any coating even super tough DLC. People were complaining, sending the guns back for warranty and general bitching about the “poor quality” coating coming off. Instead of telling people they were stupid and things will wear with use (my paraphrasing) they elected to forgo the drama and leave the coating off some of the guns.

They do all their DLC in house now (capital investment of over $1M) and could do it extremely cheaply so it’s not a cost savings issue.

·
...Terminal Addict
1,449 Posts
While I was picking up my new DW yesterday, my local crack dealer mentioned they got in (1) C DUO... I was hard pressed to not pick it up yesterday (as I really miss my C), however I am still holding out hope my C2 will arrive any day now!
That said, I think I will be going back today to take another look at the C DUO (if it is still there)! :facepalm:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Well, post a picture when you get back from your crack dealer. Hahaha we all know what is going to happen today.

While I was picking up my new DW yesterday, my local crack dealer mentioned they got in (1) C DUO... I was hard pressed to not pick it up yesterday (as I really miss my C), however I am still holding out hope my C2 will arrive any day now!
That said, I think I will be going back today to take another look at the C DUO (if it is still there)! :facepalm:

·
...Terminal Addict
1,449 Posts
Well, post a picture when you get back from your crack dealer. Hahaha we all know what is going to happen today.
Yup... arrived at the opening bell, and it was all downhill from there
Unfortunately do the DW yesterday, I was only able to snap a couple photos...
I will pick her up next week (no 3310 for me)! lol

*Edit:
I went back and picked her up today... :D

Gun Brown Product Firearm Photograph

Gun Firearm Floor Trigger Flooring

·
Registered
69 Posts
I believe they explained that in their multi hour podcast. They said that there will be wear points on any coating even super tough DLC. People were complaining, sending the guns back for warranty and general bitching about the “poor quality” coating coming off. Instead of telling people they were stupid and things will wear with use (my paraphrasing) they elected to forgo the drama and leave the coating off some of the guns.

They do all their DLC in house now (capital investment of over $1M) and could do it extremely cheaply so it’s not a cost savings issue.
In addition to all that, they said that the new barrel crown looked better on the uncoated vs DLC. Hardly a big deal, except Tony seemed to make it one.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What surprises me is the list of very cheap, low-end RDS's that they made the gun compatible with. Those RDS's are pretty pathetic. Hopefully a RDS of better quality will mount on it, but maybe won't have co-witness capability.

"The DUO™ Carry (Dawson Universal Optic) system is designed to work with the Sig Romeo Zero, JP JPoint and Shield Reflex Optics"

No Thanks....
Exactly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Apparently the newer Holosun 407k and 507k should be coming out in the next coming months and Holosun has been getting great reviews that put them on par with RMR’s. But, I ordered the RMR plate from Dawson and that’s what I have on my C2 Duo.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Apparently the newer Holosun 407k and 507k should be coming out in the next coming months and Holosun has been getting great reviews that put them on par with RMR’s. But, I ordered the RMR plate from Dawson and that’s what I have on my C2 Duo.
This is the setup I’m going to copy. The RMR is far superior than any of the other Mount options and will fit on it perfectly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts