1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for suitable OWBs. I put a deposit down on a Staccato P [ETA: DUO] back in November, not knowing whether I'd wind up with a 2019 or 2020 model. Got the call and picked up a new 2020 Staccato P today (shipped with one 17 round and two 20 round mags, all Teflon-coated - nice). Have an AIWB already (PHLSTER Floodlight) but need two OWBs: one for wear with the X300U under a blazer or suit coat like the Blackpoint Tactical Leatherwing, and one for USPSA and IDPA (without the X300U) such as a Red Hill Tactical. Blackpoint says they can't make theirs until it has one of the new Staccato Ps from STI, and Red Hill doesn't list either the 2019 or 2020 Staccato P. Has anyone found an alternative STI pistol model holster that would work with the 2020 P's 4.4" barrel, such as one for a Tactical, DVC, or other? Thanks very much.
Gun Firearm Trigger Ammunition Gun accessory

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any of the 5” Tactical holsters should fit. Not sure where you shoot at IDPA but I don’t think it will be legal with the bull barrel over 4.25” if it’s a match that they check.
Thanks for the reply, and you're quite right about the [silly] barrel length restriction. I'll just shoot CDP for a while longer - until I can swing a C2 Staccato. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking for suitable OWBs. I put a deposit down on a Staccato P [ETA: DUO] back in November, not knowing whether I'd wind up with a 2019 or 2020 model. Got the call and picked up a new 2020 Staccato P today (shipped with one 17 round and two 20 round mags, all Teflon-coated - nice). Have an AIWB already (PHLSTER Floodlight) but need two OWBs: one for wear with the X300U under a blazer or suit coat like the Blackpoint Tactical Leatherwing, and one for USPSA and IDPA (without the X300U) such as a Red Hill Tactical. Blackpoint says they can't make theirs until it has one of the new Staccato Ps from STI, and Red Hill doesn't list either the 2019 or 2020 Staccato P. Has anyone found an alternative STI pistol model holster that would work with the 2020 P's 4.4" barrel, such as one for a Tactical, DVC, or other? Thanks very much. View attachment 389239
Have blackpoint make you a holster for a staccato-p5 with an optics cut...then it will work for the Old P, New P, 5" and optic or no optic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buck, thanks very much - sounds like a much better plan than waiting. A little extra length with the OWB and a straight drop isn't going to make any significant difference. I put my first 200 rounds or so through it today - it's a tack driver. A friend I often shoot with (who has a small fortune invested in CZs and SIGs for USPSA and IDPA) put two magazines through it and was blown away by how quickly the front sight came right back down on target. And this was with regular ammo, first 115 then 147 grain FMJ, not light handholds or Federal Syntech Action Pistol ammo. Can't wait to get the RMR in, mounted, and zeroed, then shoot it some more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.