1911 Firearm Addicts banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Just for information
I picked up a nighthawk t3 in 9 mmon here for 2700.00
And an Ed brown kobra carry in ss ( 45) at my local lgs over the winter at 2500.00
There’s plenty of options
guncrafters no name is another order now and save during the build time option

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
I would suggest a Les Baer. You might be able to find a new one within your budget, if not I would suggest looking for a used Baer. They are made like a tank, shoot very accurately, and will last a lifetime. I would wager to say that many of the folks on this forum own at least one Les Baer. I bought my EDC, a Les Baer used about 7 or 8 years ago, and it is still perfect in every way.

You have a couple of suggestions here, now go out and find one you like aesthetically. Personally, I am not crazy about Dan Wesson guns, but I admit I am in the minority. I had a very bad experience w/ their Customer Service, and swore to never buy another DW. But again, that was my bad experience.

Good luck and Thank You for your Service...

·
Premium Member
15,254 Posts
Thank you! I am leaning towards a Baer. I dont trust many people sadly many people today lack morals and ethics!
Thank you for the recommendation.

Matthew
If you find one here that is posted by an established member you're probably fine. Worst case ask for references from people on this forum. Or there are good vendors here, I bought my Dan Wesson from Chicken Dinner.

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Ive got 63 pistols my 1911 list is as follows:
1.Sig Nightmare Fastback Carry in .357 Sig.
2. Sig Emporer Scorpion 10mm
3. Kimber Pro Raptor II Commander .45 acp
4. Kimber Custom II 10mm
5. Dan Wesson Bruin Long Slide 10mm
6. Dan Wesson V-Bob 45 acp
7. Kimber CDP II Ultra Carry .45 acp
8. Smith and Wesson E Series
Well why didn't you say so! :p Knowing ^ I would say to watch here. It becomes apparent quickly that there are a number of solid citizens here who love to buy, sell and trade. By the time you sort through what you really want, you'll see something from one of them. And, we all have phones.

·
i'm riding a turtle!
3,410 Posts
I second the recommendation to sell a couple of your least favorite guns and add a little more $ to your price range. $3000-3500 will buy a really nice used Nighthawk, Wilson, Guncrafter or other semi custom.
I also second the recommendation to watch the classified section here. I’ve bought and sold several guns on this sight. If you get good recommendations on known members, the transactions are safe.

·
Registered
258 Posts

Not mine. But there’s a SS Les baer $2000 listed.
Worth looking into

for a mid priced 1911 I don’t think you can beat a Les baer.

·
Chief Steward of Man Law
Every firearm I own, I built myself.
1,416 Posts
I'd call Caspian, order a slide & frame with the features I want. Call Briley and order the appropriate barrel. Browse Brownell's, Midway, Speed Shooters, Shooter's Connection and a dozen other sites and order all the other parts I need. Go to the liquor store and buy a bottle of Glenlivet and wait for everything to arrive. ;)

Reactions: SemperFi1074

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning Matt! I am new to 1911 Addicts, but I must say that one of the best semi-custom 1911 platforms I have found in the last couple of years has been BUL Armory out of Israel. Oryx Arms is one of their distributors, and you can get a 1911 single stack in 45 ACP or 9mm (I know you purists would shudder at the thought of this caliber LOL!!!), or a 2011 double stack optics ready,19 rounds (9mm) or 14 rounds (45 ACP) SAS II from the price points of $1350 to $1850, no tax, and $45 shipping. The BUL armory fit and finish, butter smooth slide and phenomenal View attachment 990554 3.5-4# trigger out of the box with a reset that is outstanding. All with 3 dot sights on single stack, or fiber optics on 2011 model, and G10 grips with 2 mags. Seriously consider this for a top quality 1911 platform IMHO!

Thanks for your service Matt!

Marc
Wood Rectangle Hardwood Knife Tool
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like Baers and have two. Of the semi customs in your price range, I'd shop for a nice used Ed Brown. I have four of them and they are more accurate than some of the other high end makers I have. Their stainless models are recognized as being the best looking of any of their competitors.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts