1911 Firearm Addicts banner
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
STI in a 2011 platform. I have one in 1911 and one in 2011. Both are dead on accurate. Now I’m very biased because these are my only two higher end semi autos. I almost got a Wilson EDC X9 but ended up with the STI DVC Carry.

·
Registered
Single Stage is the ONLY Stage
128 Posts
Just saw this listing right here and thought of this thread

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone! Im a single parent...Military veteran and im on a limited budget. I want to "splurge" and spent within my means and I have around $2200-$2500. I would like to get into the upper echelon but I might not have enough funds...
If you had around that budget what you get???

Happy Shooting and Semper Fidelis!

Matt
With a military discount, which Wilson offers, they are right in your wheelhouse.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Toward an Alchemy. Just save a bit longer.

Baer makes great shooters. Still regret selling mine.

My neighbor has a Sig Tac Ops. TRP is better IMO. I am wholly unimpressed with his sample.

I like my 1911s in .45

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello everyone! Im a single parent...Military veteran and im on a limited budget. I want to "splurge" and spent within my means and I have around $2200-$2500. I would like to get into the upper echelon but I might not have enough funds...

Matt
Thank you for your service sir. Instead of going bigtime right away, which I am not. Consider the Ruger SR 1911. Decent gun, GREAT Customer Service. I live in N. Central Mass, and if you were close, I'd let you shoot em. I have 2 full size 45', one in matte ss, and Nightwatchman. Also NW CMD 45, a 2 tonne LW CMD 45, and the 9mm LW CMD. [email protected] for questions. Again, I'm a novice and a small fry on here. Brian. You could / should then buy a case or 2 of ammo.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Matt
4 Rock Islands

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
For $2500, buy a lightly used gun from a reputable member.

Wilson, Nighthawk, Guncrafter, Les Baer, ACW,... it doesn't really matter. Just pick something you like and shoot the piss out of it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd probably buy a beater Colt for $700-900, have it tightened up, get the trigger worked over, maybe add a skeleton or commander hammer, toss on a set of fake ivory grips, and then have the slide engraved with whatever money is left over. For whatever reason, I've always wanted an engraved pistol.

I've been tempted to have my Gold Cup NM engraved since I only have $500 into it and it's stainless so wouldn't need a refinish, but the trigger is a funky width and it's a great shooter. Why mess with a good thing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That was my budget on my last 1911 and I can highly recommend looking at a Les Baer UTC. I picked up a brand new one with no front cocking serrations from CJ at 1911 Heaven for right at that price. All of my Baers have been amazingly accurate and great pistols.

·
Premium Member
“Guns, Bourbon, LS power, and a good woman is all a man needs.” -Abraham Lincoln- (probably)
1,297 Posts
Baer is probably the best bang for the buck. You can occasionally find Nighthawks listed in that range but they don’t last long. If you could save just a little more money I’d say Alchemy. They pop up for around $3k.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you dont PM the member with the Guncrafter for sale, this one is a deal and the seller is great...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm late to the party but here are my thoughts. If one of your primary needs is accuracy, I strongly recommend the Springfield Range Officer. I am a Bullseye pistol competitor for about 40 years and have put thousands and thousands of .45acp down the range in competition. I have no use for any 45 that won't hold 10 shot groups within a 3" circle at 50 yards and perform reliably.

Many Springfield Range Officers will meet this accuracy goal straight of the box and you can, with diligence find one at around $650-800. In fact, I just acquired one within the last month for $600 that was lightly used. I took it to the range along with my Ransom Rest, lo and behold it, shot 10 round groups measuring 2 1/2" at 50 yards with my handloads. What a bargain! If for some reason it doesn't quite shoot this well, I can point you to a Bullseye gunsmith who can make it do so for a very nominal price and you will have a pistol that will shoot with anybody's and a lot of your money still in your pocket.
FWIW
Phil

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been trying to get a DW Guardian in 38 Super bought for a couple of months now, but I don't have the budget you have to spend. This would be my "HI" end gun for sure. I have dies, powder and 125g HAPs to load and shoot if I can find one, I only have 1700.00 max this month and may have to keep waiting and saving for it.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts