1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did ever any manufacturer made a 1911 with a slide of a Colt Defender size length (3” barrel) mounted to a full size Government or Commander frame or are all Defender length slides on Officers or CCO frames?
If so, was it 45 or 9mm? If so, a bobtail frame?

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
2,382 Posts
Remington put out something like that shortly before they went belly up. Executive something or other. Had a round butt frame. Never saw one in the wild.

·
Premium Member
16,544 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
True 3" barrels 1911s on full sized frames are uncommon. Para made the Executive Carry with a 3" barrel and full sized, bobtailed frame, in .45 ACP, but that's the only one I'm aware of.

Otherwise, if you jump to 3.5" or thereabouts, options open some. Colt did for a time offer a 3.5" barrel on a full sized frame -- the Colt Commanding Officer -- not to be confused with a CCO, which is the opposite set-up -- in both 9mm and .45 ACP.

And as mentioned above, Wilson offers a similar variant in the Sentinel Professional. There are more, I'm sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
True 3" barrels 1911s on full sized frames are uncommon. Para made the Executive Carry with a 3" barrel and full sized, bobtailed frame, in .45 ACP, but that's the only one I'm aware of.

Otherwise, if you jump to 3.5" or thereabouts, options open some. Colt did for a time offer a 3.5" barrel on a full sized frame -- the Colt Commanding Officer -- not to be confused with a CCO, which is the opposite set-up -- in both 9mm and .45 ACP.

And as mentioned above, Wilson offers a similar variant in the Sentinel Professional. There are more, I'm sure.
I’m not really fixed on the 3”, can be also 3.5” but less then 4 since that goes too close to a Commander length.
Will check them out.
Is the Para double stack? For carry a single stack would make it a speaker gun if single stack.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^^^This right here is the answer.^^^^ Which begs the question, why would you want this configuration?
The grip of an Officer’s model is just a tad too short. I have two, a Colt Mk4 Officer’s and a Para CCO. It’s ok but not great. For my Para P12 I’m happy to have pinky rests on my mags but that’s a different story.
Other point would be: diversification.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts