3 dirty girls

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by jaydoc, Oct 12, 2016.

1. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    IMG_0949.JPG
    Shot these three today. The Ed Brown and Colt Marine were flawless. The new Les Baer was extremely accurate but I had to keep pushing it back into battery with my thumb. I have several Les Baer guns that I was fortunate to have run right out of the box. I guess I was due. I know Les doesn't want to hear from me until I've put 500-1000 rounds through it but it is still annoying

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Looked like a fun time! Were you shooting at the range we had been to? Sure wish I was still in Kansas

3. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
  4. aldodds3

aldodds3 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2016
    Dang right it's annoying. I have 2 Les Baers but won't get any more. Their philosophy that I have to shoot 1000 rounds before they'll think about warranty service is asinine. Dan Wesson, Wilson Combat etc make equally accurate handguns but don't expect you to shoot $600 + to break their guns in. Tired of Les's attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limbkiller likes this.
  5. jaydoc

Aug 10, 2012
    Yep, I was at Godfrey's in Junction City

6. jaydoc

Aug 10, 2012
    I do hope the failure to go into battery works itself out. I ran about 100 rounds through it today

7. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Doc, I have been fortunate enough not to face this issue (yet), but a few strokes with a stone/file/sand paper can save you from going through all those rounds... Of course I am no help with where the material needs to be taken off

8. SHOKDU

SHOKDU Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Very nice jay! I've always wanted a boss, very nice looking guns. Hope the issues get sorted for ya.

9. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    Handloads or commercial?

10. Bro. Pappaw

Bro. Pappaw Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
  11. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    As you already know jaydoc, run them new Baers wet! Hell, I run em' all wet! Nice trio of blaster!

12. jaydoc

Aug 10, 2012
    Thanks for the comments fellas. I'm running all commercial ammo. Problem occurs with several brands and several different mags. Gun was sloppy wet. I'm sure I'll get it sorted out.

41 Charlie likes this.
  13. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    I've heard a number of times, and even the LB guy at SHOT confirmed, they're tight as a snare drum, and need a lot of shooting to get them to loose enough. I get the concept, and I assume it's for the accuracy guarantee. But, 1,000 rounds seems excessive.

14. Hvrnaut

Hvrnaut Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Must be a bad link...all I see are guns...

15. Legion489

Legion489 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    I don't know. Les is right down the road from me and I have heard a lot of "finish inside and out not up to par", "doesn't work out of the box" (like what you said), on and on. If I am spending that sort of money I fully expect that gun to work out of the box!

A guy at my club brought his brand new, never fired Bill Wilson custom 1911 to the range and it didn't work either. In this case it didn't feed. By not feed, I mean NO cartridge (.45 ACP) in any make, model, bullet type or handload would feed into the chamber. That's five brands and about nine makes/different bullets of factory ammo and at least five different handloads from different shooters. Used in at least nine different brands of 1911 magazines. I really got to wonder when they say they test fire these guns and passed them.

16. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Found a way to clean up three of my dirty girls real quick.

[​IMG]

41 Charlie, jaydoc and stlgecko like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted