1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this little guy off GB (last one I swear!). The pictures weren't great but I took a chance. It's a little more worn than I might've hoped for but nothing horrible. Also they could've at least given it a quick cleaning . Timing and trigger look and feel good, gap is .007 with just under .002 endshake and the cylinder stop is a bit worn but none of that I feel warrants action at this time. We'll have to see how it shoots. What say you yea or nay?

There are a couple of nicks on the crane and trigger guard that I'd like to blend out, maybe with a needle file? Also the frosted finish is showing tons of light scratches, can I do anything with them? Finally, will this fit K frame holsters?

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Ammunition
Gun Firearm Trigger Metal Gun accessory
Gun Photograph Firearm White Trigger
Finger Metal Steel Machine Aluminium

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,943 Posts
Nice buy, congrats. That is a bead blast finish. Really no way to pretty it up unless you full polish it or have it restored and bead blasted by a professional. Shoot it, enjoy it, don't worry about the scuffs and scratches...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Love the Speed Six!
Send it to Marc at Gemini Customs!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am a fan of the Speed-Six, Security-Six Ruger wheel guns. They can still be found at very reasonable prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts