Premium Member
8,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@TheCollector

I’m looking at the page now, have a question if you don’t mind. What beavertail choice do you choose, or does it matter? There’s standard, Wilson, or .250 radius.
To be honest... I don't buy frames from them, just slides. I get my frames from JEM Guns.
http://www.jemguns.com/

I would think that it matters based on what you want to use for your GS.

Reactions: Slapshot and Mtek

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
@TheCollector

I’m looking at the page now, have a question if you don’t mind. What beavertail choice do you choose, or does it matter? There’s standard, Wilson, or .250 radius.
It depends on what Grip Safety you want to use.

The Wilson is a compound radius.

The .250 is similar to Colts but may be over cut depending on the frame. You can get a Harrison or EGW with a .245 that may mate up well.

I use the GI tang profile as to have the most control over the fit. However some of their frames with GI tangs work better with a .220 radius.

This is my current Caspian project with a .220 EGW grip safety.
Bicycle part Metal Kitchen utensil Composite material Steel

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
It depends on what Grip Safety you want to use.

The Wilson is a compound radius.

The .250 is similar to Colts but may be over cut depending on the frame. You can get a Harrison or EGW with a .245 that may mate up well.

I use the GI tang profile as to have the most control over the fit. However some of their frames with GI tangs work better with a .220 radius.

This is my current Caspian project with a .220 EGW grip safety. View attachment 365159
That's nice Bubba smiffin! Looks mighty fine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts