300 blk AR pistols...

Discussion in 'AR Forum' started by stlgecko, Oct 10, 2018.

1. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    decided I need one. So, from PSA to Windham to CMMG to Sig, BCM, DD, and others, what do you have and what do you like love and hate about it? Basically looking for an open discussion on this platform.

salelcid and gun_fan111 like this.
  2. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I bought one this year. Wilson ARP Tactical 8" in 300 blkout. I put an Aimpoint T2 on it. Magpul Pro MBUS. I ordered mine with the Gearheads Talon II brace. I love everything about the gun/combo. The trigger is amazing. I would highly recommend it.
    [​IMG]

3. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Hey there stlgecko.
    I built mine from different vendors. I also am awaiting a "can" (suppressor) to finish off my build. I also am running a pistol length piston set up, a little different than most out there.
    I have a google sheet with where I bought everything. I can provide that if needed.
    All in all been very educational.

*Note - Yes, the handguard is longer than the barrel. It is intended that way. The point of doing this is when the "can" is attached it will stick out past the handguard by a couple (2 or 3) inches.
    I wanted to build as short as legally possible .300 Blk pistol.

IMG_0511.JPG IMG_0512.JPG IMG_0510.JPG

4. 45caldude

45caldude Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2015
    I see SA came out with a 10" 300 bo Saint pistol. Has a compensator unlike the 5.56 flame thrower Saint.

UBOATDOC likes this.
  5. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    UBOATDOC and limbkiller like this.
  6. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
  7. stlgecko

May 24, 2014
    Looks awesome. Still trying to determine what I want, and how much I’m willing to spend. I’ve primary looked at the under 1k market thus far, and I’m thinking somewhere around 9” barrel. Thanks!

8. stlgecko

May 24, 2014
    The Saint is definitely one I’m looking at. I handled one and was impressed.

So what grain ammo are you guys preferring? My thought with this gun is home defense so something in the 220 grain range is appealing...

9. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    I don't have a can on mine so I use 110 gr sd ammo. I am also supporting Hornady these days. IMG_3494[2].JPG

UBOATDOC, bamashooter and stlgecko like this.
  10. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    Sorry for the pic^^^^^^^

11. 45caldude

45caldude Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2015
    I picked one up but haven't shot it. As for ammo on my other 300 shorties, I run heavy grain in subsonic. That's with or without a can.

Sneaky One and stlgecko like this.
  12. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I run a Sig Rattler with a 5.5" barel and collapsable brace. Great little truck gun.

Sneaky One likes this.
  13. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    I've got several cans. On all of them like the Surefire and AAC ones the latch for the QD mechanism is on the base of it. If the base of the can is inside the handguard how are you going to depress the latch to get it off? Seems like your set up limits you to only cans that screw on?

14. stlgecko

May 24, 2014
    I would pick the rattler instantly if I wasn’t trying to watch the cost on this one. Maybe I end up going that way, but can’t for awhile. Envious!

15. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    Buy once cry once........

gps man likes this.
  16. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I run 110gr sst's in it. No point going with a can. My suppressed 300's drop like a 255gr 45acp. Only suitable for 50 YRD and closer shooting. If you're close quarters then you're good.

Sneaky One likes this.
  17. Fatbob Frank

Fatbob Frank Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 5, 2014
    My 10.5" .300BLK "pistol" is my EDC trunk gun...
    Fun, accurate, and powerful(compared to a 5.56).
    I had intended to build a .300BLK rifle as well, but it does everything I need it to so I haven't bothered...
    blkout.jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  18. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    The .300 Blackout was designed to be shot from a 9”, suppressed barrel.

My thoughts on it. It shoots well, but I consider it a short distance cartridge. It’s wonderful when shot suppressed with subsonic ammo. The barrel is the only part that is different than a 556 gun. The ammo is rather expensive if you don’t reload. Brass is cheap as it’s parent is 556. Recoiled is a bit different, it manageable. Unlike a 556 gun, you WANT a pistol length gas system. Standard buffer springs and carbine buffer is desirable.

stlgecko likes this.
  19. Humbucking

Humbucking Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Though not a pistol, it does have a 9inch bbl & fixed suppressor. I love it. Banging steel up close. [​IMG]

20. bobo3020

bobo3020 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Got the PSA 8.5. For the price does fine for me just punching paper. Waiting on my supperssor.

Dwe likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted