1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
I’m just here for the 1911’s
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided I need one. So, from PSA to Windham to CMMG to Sig, BCM, DD, and others, what do you have and what do you like love and hate about it? Basically looking for an open discussion on this platform.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hey there stlgecko.
I built mine from different vendors. I also am awaiting a "can" (suppressor) to finish off my build. I also am running a pistol length piston set up, a little different than most out there.
I have a google sheet with where I bought everything. I can provide that if needed.
All in all been very educational.

*Note - Yes, the handguard is longer than the barrel. It is intended that way. The point of doing this is when the "can" is attached it will stick out past the handguard by a couple (2 or 3) inches.
I wanted to build as short as legally possible .300 Blk pistol.

IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0510.JPG

·
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see SA came out with a 10" 300 bo Saint pistol. Has a compensator unlike the 5.56 flame thrower Saint.
The Saint is definitely one I’m looking at. I handled one and was impressed.

So what grain ammo are you guys preferring? My thought with this gun is home defense so something in the 220 grain range is appealing...

·
Registered
913 Posts
The Saint is definitely one I’m looking at. I handled one and was impressed.

So what grain ammo are you guys preferring? My thought with this gun is home defense so something in the 220 grain range is appealing...
I picked one up but haven't shot it. As for ammo on my other 300 shorties, I run heavy grain in subsonic. That's with or without a can.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Hey there stlgecko.
I built mine from different vendors. I also am awaiting a "can" (suppressor) to finish off my build. I also am running a pistol length piston set up, a little different than most out there.
I have a google sheet with where I bought everything. I can provide that if needed.
All in all been very educational.

*Note - Yes, the handguard is longer than the barrel. It is intended that way. The point of doing this is when the "can" is attached it will stick out past the handguard by a couple (2 or 3) inches.
I wanted to build as short as legally possible .300 Blk pistol.

View attachment 165495 View attachment 165497 View attachment 165499
I've got several cans. On all of them like the Surefire and AAC ones the latch for the QD mechanism is on the base of it. If the base of the can is inside the handguard how are you going to depress the latch to get it off? Seems like your set up limits you to only cans that screw on?

·
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I run a Sig Rattler with a 5.5" barel and collapsable brace. Great little truck gun.
I would pick the rattler instantly if I wasn’t trying to watch the cost on this one. Maybe I end up going that way, but can’t for awhile. Envious!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I run 110gr sst's in it. No point going with a can. My suppressed 300's drop like a 255gr 45acp. Only suitable for 50 YRD and closer shooting. If you're close quarters then you're good.

·
Premium Member
26,745 Posts
decided I need one. So, from PSA to Windham to CMMG to Sig, BCM, DD, and others, what do you have and what do you like love and hate about it? Basically looking for an open discussion on this platform.
The .300 Blackout was designed to be shot from a 9”, suppressed barrel.

My thoughts on it. It shoots well, but I consider it a short distance cartridge. It’s wonderful when shot suppressed with subsonic ammo. The barrel is the only part that is different than a 556 gun. The ammo is rather expensive if you don’t reload. Brass is cheap as it’s parent is 556. Recoiled is a bit different, it manageable. Unlike a 556 gun, you WANT a pistol length gas system. Standard buffer springs and carbine buffer is desirable.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts