1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking with a can maybe 7 inches in 300 BO. 10.5 without a can. I hear 9 inches at minimum. But that's without a can.
What's the best shortest can?

·
Premium Member
26,522 Posts
Also, have you been following the ATF chatter about pistol braces?
AR pistols, with a brace, might not be much of a option in the near future

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, have you been following the ATF chatter about pistol braces?
AR pistols, with a brace, might not be much of a option in the near future
Yeah I have. Getting stamps for SBR and suppressor. On two or three setups. It is a blast to shoot with the Holeson's red dot.
Currently working on a steel range setup. It's under way now.

Reactions: Mike0707

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
7”, 1-5 Twist, Honey Badger barrel assembly from Q.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
I’m waiting on a griffin explorr to get out of out of jail that the overall length is 6.5”. I will use it on my 8” 300 blk *****. I have gotten really good performance out of it with supers so far.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m waiting on a griffin explorr to get out of out of jail that the overall length is 6.5”. I will use it on my 8” 300 blk *****. I have gotten really good performance out of it with supers so far.
Good to hear. I put on a red dot not adjusting and hitting dead center of ar 500 steel torso set up at 40 yards.

Reactions: ChuckC

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
My understanding is the 9" barrel allows maximum powder burn while providing maximum velocity and the shortest possible barrel. This was determined to be the best when using both supers and subs. "They" say that's from the originator himself. Suppressed? no idea. I have a 9" and fire supers only. Zeroed at 50m with (can't recall at the moment) either a 2.5x or a 3x prism scope. Accurate as all my other stuff and makes a nice hole when compared to the 5.56s. It's a lefty.

·
Money talks but here it only says buh bye!!
405 Posts
I had my 10" barrel cut to 8" (long story) and experienced zero negatives. Pretty sure that when it was cut they opened the gas port a bit as when it came back it was completely reliable running subs unsuppressed and it certainly wasn't that way before!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts

Reactions: OldCuz

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,353 Posts
So, lets say you have a 9" barrel and SBA brace and while waiting for tax stamp for supressor, you put on a faux can. Are you then legal or still a jailbird?

·
Money talks but here it only says buh bye!!
405 Posts
A fake can or an actual suppressor will only add to the barrel length for NFA purposes if it is permanently attached (i.e. pinned and welded) on to it. If it is a rifle configured with barrel length of less than 16" then it is an SBR even if the muzzle device takes it beyond 16" if it can be removed.

The current position is that if the brace you're running on your AR pistol is not approved by the BATFE for use as a stabilizing brace, they're going to consider it an an unregistered short barrelled rifle and the owner a freshly minted felon.

Unfortunately, if the Democrat steal the senate, this will be the tip of the iceberg

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
5A689356-D81F-455B-B5A7-487326529E34_1_201_a.jpeg

This is my 8.5" 300BO SBR with my 6"x 1.750" form 1 Suppressor. Once I finished testing the can, I painted it flat black to match the rest of the rifle. It is very quiet with 220 grain subsonic, as quiet with supersonic, just that you hear a crack down range a little. As far as velocity loss, I'm striving for subsonic so maximizing velocity isn't a concern.

·
Premium Member
26,522 Posts
A fake can or an actual suppressor will only add to the barrel length for NFA purposes if it is permanently attached (i.e. pinned and welded) on to it. If it is a rifle configured with barrel length of less than 16" then it is an SBR even if the muzzle device takes it beyond 16" if it can be removed.

The current position is that if the brace you're running on your AR pistol is not approved by the BATFE for use as a stabilizing brace, they're going to consider it an an unregistered short barrelled rifle and the owner a freshly minted felon.

Unfortunately, if the Democrat steal the senate, this will be the tip of the iceberg
All one has to do is take the damn brace off. POOF! It’s a pistol once again. Was shooting these pistols long before there were braces.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Dang grips feel great but are gray. Installed a shorter handguard.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts