close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by carguy2244, Sep 21, 2011.

1. carguy2244

carguy2244 Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Looking for a new .308 - considering SCAR 17 and POF. Any opinions?
    Thanks.

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I prefer a bolt gun for .308 Win, but of the two listed,.........POF all the way!

3. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I would go POF of the two.

I have been looking at ARs in 308 on and off as well, can't decide if it is worth it over a 5.56/.223 rifle.

4. carguy2244

carguy2244 Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I called POF to discuss a few things about their P308. The woman that answered the phone said "They're all out for lunch." She took my
    name and phone number. They never called back. Gives me a concern about customer service. I'd hate to spend $2500 on a weapon, and not be able to talk to the people that built it, in the event there was a problem.

That aside, I like that they POF takes C Products DPMS mags, as I have lots of them. The SCAR takes proprietary mags, which are costly.

I held a P308 today, and it was very well made. I can't get my hands on a SCAR 17 to get a feel for it. I wish I knew someone who has
    both, and see what they say.

5. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I would rather buy something from a small shop too busy to call me back, than a large company who pays someone to pretend to care and answer the phone.

I would assume if you push the issue you could get a hold of someone at POF, I tend to not take customer service into account though personally, if they make it right I will not have to call them. :p

6. Hatter

Hatter Makes **** Move

Aug 23, 2011
    I've worked both rifles in 3 gun and without a doubt I'd go SCAR. The POF does have the typical AR15 familiarity but I would best describe it as "obtrusive". It has a massive fore end rail system and is not a light rifle! I think the base comparison puts the POF at over 9 lbs and the SCAR at just under 8 lbs. The slight differences in controls can easily be mastered with a slight change to bolt operation.

The decision is really going to driven by your intended use but the FN gets my vote.

7. Rimcrew

Rimcrew Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Not sure what you plan to use it for, but have you considered a FAL? Fun rifles to own/shoot/build.

8. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I have a coworker who bought a POF and it has been sent back twice and it still doesn't work. There is no excuse to have issues with a $2500 rifle, especially after being sent back.

9. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I be nearly done with them at that point...everyone is busy with their job but these little shops, either think their poopy don't stink and don't need your money, or they're just generally a crap outfit. I work on the basis of if you won't return calls, answer emails, you don't need my money. What if I have a problem with the product? You gonna "Call me back"...?
    I got burned like that recently, spent my $800 elsewhere...I don't get the tolerance for customer service, atleast in the industry. Nice people perhaps but shotty businessmen. There's generally IMVHO why some of these folks operate small or one-man shops in their garages and outbuildings...because craftsmanship aside, they'd never manage to survive in the real world.

Sorry for the rant but CS issues just chap my ass.

10. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I have a like new 1993 KAC SR-25 Mk 11 Mod 0 that I am trying to sell.

[​IMG]

This is the premier .308 to own.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted