38 Super 8rd Magazines

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by azguy1911, Feb 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    So, what's the deal on compact, 8 Rd, 38 super mags ?? I looked & looked and there's not a single one on the "ol-interweb" for sale :cry:

I was going to pick up a few more for my DW CCO and WC Stealth and everyone that has them listed it's out of stock. I can do Tripp 9 rounders --I'm not sure how they got 9 rounds into 8 rounds of space but they have :) -- but they are like $42 a piece.

Bueller, Bueller

UBOATDOC and simonp like this.
  2. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013
    $7000 in guns but wont spend $42 on mags...................buy another gun for them to fit that way if you divide the cost per mag by 3, its only $14 per mag!

Journeyman1234 and UBOATDOC like this.

3. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Heck your right, I may as well buy a WC ULCC in 38 super and order a few dozen Tripp mags :)

I never had any issues with Metalform, MEC-GAR or CMC magazines so I was just looking at the usual suspects. Dan Wesson and Ed Brown didn't have anything listed nor Wilson and they all offer 38 super in compact frames so I'm just stumped who has them all o_O

gps man and LPRoad like this.
  4. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Interesting. Their website hints at hollowed out base plates, so you might want to upgrade to aluminum ones to make sure they are sturdy.

5. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Tripp mags are excellent imo, and work very well in my 38 super

LPRoad and Dwe like this.
  6. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    So I emailed both Ed Brown and Wilson today about their lack of 8 round compact 38 super mags as the both have offerings on their site that would require these and they both said they do not "sell" them anymore. When I said I had compact 38 super offerings from both and what was I to do they both replied "I don't know, sorry". What is DW doing for PM-C's in 38 super ?

It's dam strange. In the meantime I order a half dozen Tripps.

DukeSoprano likes this.
  7. joepilot

joepilot So soon old, so late smart... Supporting Addict

May 17, 2015
    I talked to Dan Wesson some time ago about building me a CCO in 38 Super. Keith said they would do it but that I'd have to come up with my own magazines. So I started looking around and couldn't find any. Found out later that Wilson had some, and now see that Tripp has some too. (I see that Wilson currently lists them as out of stock.) Anyway, that stopped me from ordering the pistol at the time. Still would like a CCO in 38 Super. Maybe someday!

8. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    The whole thing is strange as hell, I'm a lucky one. I have DW CCO in 38 super. I went back and looked and I bought two from Wilson (Metalform) back in November so they had them then.

DWCCO-38s-03.jpg

9. 45ACP_ray

45ACP_ray Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Have you tired Guncrafter?

When I ordered my CCO in 38 Super I ordered it with 4 extra tuned and tested mags and they are 8 round flush fit mags.

-Ray

10. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Thanks, I sent them an email.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't garnered more attention. Maybe there isn't to many compact/CCO 38 super's out there, IDK.

But I have spent hours over the last few days search the ol-inter-web and aside from Tripp they just ain't out there. I haven't heard back from Wilson yet, I'm interested in what they will say as they still offer many models in compact 38 super

11. DPVY

DPVY Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2017
  12. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Derek from GI was so nice (and as we all know a real asset this forum) he went and looked and dug up some custom made CCO 38 super mags, the problem? they want $80 each for them :roflmaro:

13. joepilot

joepilot So soon old, so late smart... Supporting Addict

May 17, 2015
    You suck.

Just kidding. You are a lucky man indeed. I am now green with envy!

Enjoy it!!

14. DukeSoprano

Jan 17, 2013
    I just tried an experiment.... i took a full size Wilson Combat 9mm mag and removed the plastic spacer, reassembled it and it fed 38 super fine EXCEPT for the last round, hmmmmm

15. DukeSoprano

Jan 17, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiten, gun_fan111 and TheCollector like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted