1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
97 Posts
Big expense for reloading is 3 cents for primer and 7 to 10 cents for bullet.
PS: Why didn't you stock up a year or two ago?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Stock up a year ago? I stocked up 5 years ago, three years ago, 9 mo. ago, 6 months ago, three months ago (put an order in just before things went stupid). I told everyone to stock up 5 years ago, three years ago, 6 months ago, and 3 months ago.

As expected no one listened and now they all want me to sell them primers at the old price, bullets at the old price, powder at the old price, and ammo at the old price. I tell them that ALL of them make more money than I did/do, I stocked up, THEY didn't, THEY can pay the current price, the price of stupidity.

·
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PS: Why didn't you stock up a year or two ago?
Who are you talking too?

I'm stocked up, I was trying to help some fellow addicts that may be new 38 super owners

Reactions: CoalCracker.

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Hey John, a question? I bought 2000 Georgia Arms 38S ammo loaded at supposedly 1350fps with 124 grain Speer Gold Dots. Got them before things got too bad for $519 a thousand with free shipping.

I haven't fired a single one yet so I wanted to ask if you've ever used these since your our addicts "38 Super Guru." And BTW, what's your favorite 38S ammo for the range? For S.D.? Thanks bud.

JD

·
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@BCD45, I have not used the Georgia Arms ammo, I've been lucky enough to have always found Fiocchi 129's which is pretty clean firing, I've never had a bad round and the price was fair enough over the past several years.

I also liked that it wasn't a +P round as my two carry supers are lightweights and I'd rather not beat them up to punch paper at the range.

@TheCollector @Dwe both have forgotten more about 38 superb than I know but I appreciate your kind words.

For SD I moved away from Underwood and into Buffalo Bore 147's for EDC.

p1bslri6v1nl9l1kda7177jv177.jpg

Reactions: gaijin

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
You may not like 50 cents a round (plus shipping) but in today's world it ain't all that bad if you are out

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878829403
Geco is good ammo. If it stays at that price that's not bad at all. It is loaded hot. A while back they were selling 5k lots of 22LR that Lapua made for them, had a super low price, I have lots of Red boxes in my stash.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
I load 147 GDs @ 1200 FPS for carry in my Supers.
Had several pounds of HS7 (discontinued) from the day. It’s always been a good Super propellant.
The 147s aren’t as blasty/snappy as 124s IME.

·
Registered
97 Posts
AZguy: Talking to all the ones complaining that they can't find ammo. My bet is that most also went through the Obummer years and yet, apparently, did NOT stock up.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Also, not sure who all reloads, but Starline still has .38super and .38 Super comp brass in stock. I ordered 1000 of the super comp yesterday. Ordering direct from there was the cheapest I could find.

They were out of 10mm and .41mag brass though.

·
Premium Member
26,473 Posts
Hey John, a question? I bought 2000 Georgia Arms 38S ammo loaded at supposedly 1350fps with 124 grain Speer Gold Dots. Got them before things got too bad for $519 a thousand with free shipping.

I haven't fired a single one yet so I wanted to ask if you've ever used these since your our addicts "38 Super Guru." And BTW, what's your favorite 38S ammo for the range? For S.D.? Thanks bud.

JD
I’ve shot a a few “bags” of it earlier this year. Used to shoot GA a great deal more when I was in Georgia and Florida. Would order it and safe shipping by picking it up at GunShow

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Thanks Mr. Bender. I guess the free shipping is what lured me in but I'm glad to have it now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts