1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    CoalCracker. and Mtek like this.
  2. CoalCracker.

CoalCracker. Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2020
    I loaded 200 rounds of 38 super recently. Im very thankful i made the jump to reload. In these times it's paying off.

3. noylj

noylj Member

May 20, 2012
    Big expense for reloading is 3 cents for primer and 7 to 10 cents for bullet.
    PS: Why didn't you stock up a year or two ago?

4. Jennifers

Jennifers Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Stock up a year ago? I stocked up 5 years ago, three years ago, 9 mo. ago, 6 months ago, three months ago (put an order in just before things went stupid). I told everyone to stock up 5 years ago, three years ago, 6 months ago, and 3 months ago.

As expected no one listened and now they all want me to sell them primers at the old price, bullets at the old price, powder at the old price, and ammo at the old price. I tell them that ALL of them make more money than I did/do, I stocked up, THEY didn't, THEY can pay the current price, the price of stupidity.

5. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Who are you talking too?

I'm stocked up, I was trying to help some fellow addicts that may be new 38 super owners

CoalCracker. likes this.
  6. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Hey John, a question? I bought 2000 Georgia Arms 38S ammo loaded at supposedly 1350fps with 124 grain Speer Gold Dots. Got them before things got too bad for $519 a thousand with free shipping.

I haven't fired a single one yet so I wanted to ask if you've ever used these since your our addicts "38 Super Guru." And BTW, what's your favorite 38S ammo for the range? For S.D.? Thanks bud.

JD

7. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    @BCD45, I have not used the Georgia Arms ammo, I've been lucky enough to have always found Fiocchi 129's which is pretty clean firing, I've never had a bad round and the price was fair enough over the past several years.

I also liked that it wasn't a +P round as my two carry supers are lightweights and I'd rather not beat them up to punch paper at the range.

@TheCollector @Dwe both have forgotten more about 38 superb than I know but I appreciate your kind words.

For SD I moved away from Underwood and into Buffalo Bore 147's for EDC.

p1bslri6v1nl9l1kda7177jv177.jpg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    gaijin likes this.
  8. swampgas

swampgas Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 10, 2019
    Geco is good ammo. If it stays at that price that's not bad at all. It is loaded hot. A while back they were selling 5k lots of 22LR that Lapua made for them, had a super low price, I have lots of Red boxes in my stash.

9. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    I load 147 GDs @ 1200 FPS for carry in my Supers.
    Had several pounds of HS7 (discontinued) from the day. It’s always been a good Super propellant.
    The 147s aren’t as blasty/snappy as 124s IME.

Dub and Cbzr1107 like this.
  10. noylj

noylj Member

May 20, 2012
    AZguy: Talking to all the ones complaining that they can't find ammo. My bet is that most also went through the Obummer years and yet, apparently, did NOT stock up.

11. Cbzr1107

Cbzr1107 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2019
    Also, not sure who all reloads, but Starline still has .38super and .38 Super comp brass in stock. I ordered 1000 of the super comp yesterday. Ordering direct from there was the cheapest I could find.

They were out of 10mm and .41mag brass though.

Dub and CoalCracker. like this.
  12. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I’ve shot a a few “bags” of it earlier this year. Used to shoot GA a great deal more when I was in Georgia and Florida. Would order it and safe shipping by picking it up at GunShow

13. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Thanks Mr. Bender. I guess the free shipping is what lured me in but I'm glad to have it now.

14. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Over the years, I shot GA almost exclusively for 13 years when I lived down south. I ran it in pistols and the ARs. Good stuff

Old Sea Dragon and Cbzr1107 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted