38 super back in stock at georgia-arms

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Jsw44, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Jsw44

Jsw44 Member

Aug 29, 2018
  2. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Mods delete this thread I don't need everyone knowing before I can place my order. :p:p

3. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Interesting, I wish there was more mainstream options in self-defense 38 super, like Federal or Hornady.

I've been carrying Underwood 124's and it looks fine with a visual inspection and I've never had any issues with it but at the end of the day who the hell is Underwood or Georgia Arms when your life depends on it.

Hannibal likes this.
  4. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Looks good from my house. Has 1 favorable review from back 2016. Says it meets the advertised velocity of 1350 FPS.

5. Jsw44

Jsw44 Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Point well taken. In the actual event the cost difference would be the last of my worries. Next question probably belongs in a different category, but what then? Buffalo bore, double tap or Cor-Bon?

6. Jsw44

Jsw44 Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Also, since winter is finally here is anyone making bullets with dragonglass

7. 2sharp2

2sharp2 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    AZguy, I've used a lot of Georgia Arms ammo over the last eight years. My very best friend (who passed of cancer 2017) lived in the Georgia town of Villa Rica, that's where the factory is located. I've been to the plant that has a small retail store in it a lot, they make some good reman, have NEW ammo from Speer and other name brand like OP posted above. Bought all the major calibers, .357, .44spl, .44mag, .45acp, .9mm, .223, .5.56, .308 remanufactured ammo, never had a problem with any of it.
    One time my friend and I were shooting on his farm and needed more ammo, he drove (it's kind of a small town but nice), he pulls into the Pennzoil Fast Lube & Car Wash. I said: thought we are getting ammo? Him: we are! Walk inside, was greeted, I said we need some ammo, points over there in the two big glass cases. Clerk said tell me if you need help! Well I'll be D*** only in America and a small town in Georgia can you get your oil changed, car washed and buy ammo in the same location.
    They have some "Canned Heat" deals ammo comes in a GI metal ammo can. Sometimes other online ammo sellers may be a few cents per round less but I've found this ammo to be reliable and fairly clean burning. Just FYI for those that don't know.

UBOATDOC, gps man and Capthobo like this.
  8. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Great story 2sharp2, American needs more places like that :)

Capthobo and 2sharp2 like this.
  9. 2sharp2

2sharp2 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    I know right! Up until I saw the ammo in the glass cases I would have bet money my boy was jerking my chain!!

10. WoodrowAugustus

WoodrowAugustus Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    I’ve shot plenty of this stuff and it’s great. Reliable and the velocities are accurate.

Wait, no, it sucks and none of you should buy it.

Hannibal likes this.
  11. joepilot

joepilot So soon old, so late smart... Supporting Addict

May 17, 2015
    I've heard good things about all these brands, but have only used Cor-Bon. I have had great luck with Cor-Bon, so can recommend it. Might try some Double Tap or Buffalo Bore someday if I get the chance, but my carry pistol has Cor-Bon in it.

12. Jsw44

Jsw44 Member

Aug 29, 2018

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted