1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Work never seems to end so I have to think ahead and carve time out for the range which means make an appointment so I have an excuse to leave and be somewhere.

I pulled two 38 supers out of the safe and spent a wonderful 90 minutes at Scottsdale Gun Club throwing over 400 rounds down range.

It's funny, the all steel Sentinel Compact feels like a full can a soda and the Guardian feels like and empty can with its alloy frame.

1120201500.jpg
1120201500a.jpg
1120201500b.jpg

I always like it when a gun I don't shoot often comes out feeling good in the hand and accurate as hell. And, this little tank of a Wilson is all that and more. It's a handful shooting the +P Supers but a good handful.

1120201503.jpg
1120201513a.jpg

I carry my Nighthawk Counselor 90% of the time, if I don't it's this wonderful 38 Super Guardian which is light, thin and easy to shoot. With these slim "Sarge" grips it feels perfect in the hand.

1120201515.jpg
1120201519.jpg

I'm not sure what it was today, Scottsdale Gun Club has been SO busy I almost hate going but the last two visits it was more normal and like it was in the middle of the afternoon pre-pandemic days.

Just me and one other gentleman in the tac bays today, peaceful and relaxing.

1120201516.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
Beautiful supers John! I know you have many, what's your most favorite super to just shoot?

·
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Guardian you sold me ;)

·
Deo Volente
7,454 Posts
Sounds like a great time!

Geeze I belong to a local range which is outdoors and they didn't even have target frames out the last time I was there. I was fortunate that some folks let me use their home made frames because they would be back the next day.

I understand about getting some time off!

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
John, just had this one built & haven't even shot it yet. As an after thought, I wish that I had got the same gun built but a Vice President instead of the President. Oh well!
NH President - 38 super - All hard chrome & all black including barrel in DLC. 3# trigger.

NH PRESIDENT     38 SUPER.jpg

·
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@BCD 45 it's freakin gorgeous, I love those ported slides, I've been drooling over a VP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts