Springfield Armory 38 super Mil-Spec

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Lavern23, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Lavern23

Lavern23 Glocks r fugly!

Oct 12, 2013
    Folks, I ran across a Springfield 1911-a1 with white dot sights in 38 super today. It’s used but as new. N serial number with Brazil on the bottom of the dust cover. I believe it’s an older gun due to the square dust shield. They have $598 on the gun. I have tried searching here and on the inter webs to check the pricing but am having no luck. What’s your all’s thoughts on the gun and pricing. Thanks again in advance.

2. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Need to see some pictures. SA made some 5 inch 1911's in .38 Super years ago and dropped them. Later they had a Hard Chrome offering, Mil Spec style and I don't believe it lasted long.

Karsten

ZoidMeister likes this.

3. LPRoad

LPRoad Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 16, 2015
    Love the Springfield Mil Specs, love 38 Super. Glad it isn't on my FFLs shelf or I would be seriously tempted.

gun_fan111 likes this.
  4. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
  5. Lavern23

Lavern23 Glocks r fugly!

Oct 12, 2013
    I didn’t take a pic but it is the basic parkerized finish. Mil spec hammer, mil spec grip safety etc...

6. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I'll take it PM sent.
    :p:p
    Oh wait is this a for sale ad?

Old Sea Dragon and ZoidMeister like this.
  7. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    I am right there with you! Recently saw one of these for sale on GB but it was sent back to Springfield for their TRP package and was no longer a good build base.

WHEELS likes this.
  8. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013

The SA you are talking about is indeed the Park'ed Mil Spec from a long time ago....I believe this write up came out just shortly before SA Dropped and Park'ed version and kept the Nickle Plated one for a few more years.

https://www.ammoland.com/2009/01/springfield-armory-milspec-pb1132-38-super/#axzz5Ywd7jNGz

New back then I think they ran around $800 MSRP and could be found for less if and when the LGS had them in stock and around here that was not very often.

I had check every Pawn Shop for years looking for a Colt .38 Super I ran across some 40 plus years ago in SLC Utah....Park'ed Commander and really butt ugly for someone back then that didn't know a thing about 1911's.

I would think $600.00 would be spendy (if it were a .45 ACP Mil Spec) but in this case it is a sellers market ( .38 Super) and they hold all the cards.....you may never see another one again.

After years of looking I ran across a Colt 100 Year Ann .38 Super NIB that had been in the shop for a couple years....I think I walked out with it for $900.00.

[​IMG]Better go bring it home before one of these guys finds out where it is and beats you to it.

Karsten

9. Lavern23

Lavern23 Glocks r fugly!

Oct 12, 2013
    Thanks for the reply and the reference to the write up. I have decided to pass on this one so if anyone is interested just shoot me a pm.

10. Lee

Lee Active Member

Mar 6, 2017
    There have only been two for sale that I know of.
    I only know of 3 38 Super TRP's, and two are in my safe..
    There are probably more, but I have not seen them.
    The pistol I just received had over 2000.00 in SACS work done to it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    WHEELS likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted