1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, like most of you all I've been itching to get out plus I had two transfers come in (more on that in another thread) so i headed out to SGC and did a little shooting with small little 38 supers. The place was busy as heck but only 2 of us on the 32 lane range.

SGC_1.jpg

It's so quiet they are running without RO's -- that makes me a little scared as they have these two signs posted right near each other :confused:

SGC_Attention.jpg

SGC_Warning.jpg

Also a little tidbit about the sights on the sight integrated P365, maybe people can't hit the broad side of a barn with them, IDK.

SGC_P365.jpg

Well, off to the good stuff

·
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I haven't shot this little guy as much as I should have. In fact I haven't shot much 38 super at all as I have been having fun with the newer 9mm acwquistions.

But here's my little Sentinel Compact, not to be confused with a super sentinel.

SGC_3.jpg

SGC_4.jpg

It shoots great and I ran it out to 25 ft with the Underwood's and my "miss" is always low and I need to work on that.

SGC_6.jpg
SGC_7.jpg
SGC_8.jpg

·
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The second gun that got worked today is my 38 super stealth, I had @Integrity Arms do the magwell and some other tweaks way back and then sent it to Wilson for an extreme dehorn and new finish. It's a soft shooter and feels good in the hand and with Tripp magazines I can carry 9+1 but I still have some failure to go into battery with the Underwood's about one every 50 rounds and I don't know if it just needs more break-in time. I sent it back to Wilson once and they couldn't reproduce the failure but tweaked the extractor and reamed the barrel.

I had only 2 issues today with 120 rounds, 36 Underwood's and the rest range ball. The FO front sight on this really POPS

I'd like the issues to be sorted out and make this my daily carry as it has good capacity, a magwell and has an alloy frame. I hate to send it back to Wilson but maybe that's my only choice. I'm gonna shoot it a lot in the next few weeks. Maybe a 1,000 rounds and then decide.

SGC_9.jpg
SGC_10.jpg
SGC_11.jpg
SGC_12.jpg

·
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Get off my lawn...
14,833 Posts
Those are both a couple of really sweet Wilson’s! Sounds like a great day, for sure!!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
The second gun that got worked today is my 38 super stealth, I had @Integrity Arms do the magwell and some other tweaks way back and then sent it to Wilson for an extreme dehorn and new finish. It's a soft shooter and feels good in the hand and with Tripp magazines I can carry 9+1 but I still have some failure to go into battery with the Underwood's about one every 50 rounds and I don't know if it just needs more break-in time. I sent it back to Wilson once and they couldn't reproduce the failure but tweaked the extractor and reamed the barrel.

I had only 2 issues today with 120 rounds, 36 Underwood's and the rest range ball. The FO front sight on this really POPS

I'd like the issues to be sorted out and make this my daily carry as it has good capacity, a magwell and has an alloy frame. I hate to send it back to Wilson but maybe that's my only choice. I'm gonna shoot it a lot in the next few weeks. Maybe a 1,000 rounds and then decide.

View attachment 446929 View attachment 446931 View attachment 446933 View attachment 446935
No issues with other brands of ammo? I think Underwood uses the rimless supercomp brass for all their loads but i don’t think that would be the particular issue. I hope you can figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts