1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best holster for the money that won't break the bank to badly? I'm also a little bit of a bigger guy what do some of you with dad bods like me do for the sticking in the side part? I hip carry due to no room in these pants for much else than me haha.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I like Sparks and Warbird. Have a Kramer built like SS that is nice but so far not a vast improvement over the cow hide version. Look closely at Vedder if you're not opposed to kydex. I love their lite tucks.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just looking at some Southern Trapper holsters and look pretty nice. Anybody had one of those?

·
born in the wrong century
4,326 Posts
I’ll let you know how the one I just bought from the Wilson Combat site does.

It is OWB and was described by Bill & Ken as the most comfortable holster he’s worn. I don’t know how much of that is hype or not.

I will be able to tell you after this coming weekend is up.

LoProfile2. Sold on WC site. Currently is/was 20% off.

Actual maker is Palmetto Leather out of Columbia, SC.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It is OWB and was described by Bill & Ken as the most comfortable holster he’s worn. I don’t know how much of that is hype or not.

I looked on the site earlier but I couldn’t see a right hand for the 4.25

Reactions: Dub

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I was just looking at some Southern Trapper holsters and look pretty nice. Anybody had one of those?
I don’t have a holster but I’ve been using one of their alligator wallets for over a year. Nicely made and finished, the threads and the tanning has held up perfectly.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I bought the lo-profile black shark. I’m impatient haha worse than my kids ever thought about being. 137 shipped isn’t bad.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,611 Posts
I have a similar issue and have several Garrett Silent Thunder STX 2.0 holsters and they are comfortable. A paddle holster might work for you, it wouldn't hold the gun in quite as tight to your side, maybe help keep it from poking you.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Sparks & Tucker

·
4,326 Posts
I have a similar issue and have several Garrett Silent Thunder STX 2.0 holsters and they are comfortable. A paddle holster might work for you, it wouldn't hold the gun in quite as tight to your side, maybe help keep it from poking you.
How snug to the body does the STX 2.0 keep the gun ?

I have two of his older IWB holsters that I worked well....after using locktite on the little screws.

Haven’t tried his OWB stuff.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,611 Posts
How snug to the body does the STX 2.0 keep the gun ?

I have two of his older IWB holsters that I worked well....after using locktite on the little screws.

Haven’t tried his OWB stuff.
Not as tight as a good leather pancake, but they're very stable and the gun doesn't poke me.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Simply Rugged Holsters, they make a pancake holster for auto loaders called the Cuda, I have several, right now they have a % off code on their website.

·
4,326 Posts
Simply Rugged Holsters, they make a pancake holster for auto loaders called the Cuda, I have several, right now they have a % off code on their website.
They offer those add-on loops to allow for IWB & OWB use of the holster. Versatile.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Check Ebay; lots there to choose from.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered the Wilson one this morning.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like it !!!

My birthday is next month and I asked for a Southern Trapper wallet and matching holster and she said I was crazy haha.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts