45 ammo?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Lance sonneveldt, Aug 14, 2020.

1. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    I'm just shooting pigeons in my back yard with the pellet pistol. I've got a Hunting license but if some asshat neighbor turns me in I'll probably be on Death Row in Kalifornia.

2. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Precision Delta just sent me an email, they have range box at reasonable prices
    Reman but their stuff has always been good

Lance sonneveldt likes this.

3. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    CoalCracker. likes this.
  4. GIFS-1911

GIFS-1911 Active Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Advanced Tactical has them as of this writing...
    https://advancedtactical.com/ammo/pistol/45-acp.html

5. Lance sonneveldt

Lance sonneveldt Member

Jul 29, 2020

They blocked the purchase, said I needed to show proof of citizenship. Sent them an email. We will see what happens.

6. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    You’ll have to be a member of a CMP affiliate which you can accomplish for $30 at the Garand collectors association https://thegca.org/
    And a copy of your drivers license will satisfy citizenship requirement.
    Call them on Monday. They are super nice folks and will help you every step of the way.

Lance sonneveldt and HooDoo Man like this.
  7. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    https://ammunitionstore.com/product...4-fmj-1-tracer-200-rounds-linked-for-m60.html

From the 1999-2000 gun shows LC M60 belts in can with red tip & black tip + ball for $25.00 a can. Plenty good surplus LC cans & boxes, back then.
    The prices on ammo today has made every friggin step I took pulling ammo wagons from gun shows to home then off to another show next weekend. Worth every damn step & dollar I paid back then.

I talked to a friend I had not seen in a while. Asked him what he thought about the ammo shortage. He asked me, Hey Mike you need some ammo I got plenty? And he does, his man cave/ gun store part of his kingdom is filled to the top. He just bought it & kept stashing like we all did. Something like what is happening today is we were worried about.

I still believe it's not too late to seek out your inlaws/outlaws & get them to search the local GS
    for ammo. Coming on the back of the great .22 shortage Obamas debacle & uncle Joes.

.22s are worth mucho as a trade for like centerfire ammo or reloading compontents. Remember many shooters got caught without .22 stocks intact & we now see Lapua. 22s for $10.00 a box of 50. I bought cases of Winchester Super X for 15 cents a box @ Roses stores like Sky City.

Just maybe the old idea of trading ammo for things was not such a bad idea. Problem trading this stuff is Hazmat & S&H charges, or we could all trade it like candy.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  8. CoalCracker.

CoalCracker. Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2020
    I just hope folks learn from this latest shortage. You never know when it can happen. Last shortage i still had a couple of milk cartons of 22 lr left. I bought a brick everytime i went to walmart after it loosened back up. So im sitting pretty again.
    I rolled a lot of ammo too. And im stocked on components. I love to shoot often. Not sure how much time i have left on this earth. With my health. And i want to enjoy my hobbies as long as i can. None of us know when we will moving on.

Mike A likes this.
  9. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011

It won't happen.

Didn't happen the last time

Or the time before

Or the time before that

ad nauseum

10. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017
    If you're going to buy 7.62x51, make sure it has the NATO circle X. That means it's loaded to STANAG requirements. Except Turkey who's NATO loadings vary from lot to lot. Malaysia is not NATO and suggesting tracer without checking legality state by state is dangerous.

Lance sonneveldt likes this.
  11. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    On the Phoenix Armslist there is a guy wanting to trade a like new Glock 23 for a case of 9mm ball! If I liked that model it would be mine.

blamo, Whiten and HooDoo Man like this.
  12. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    40 to 9mm barrels are available ;)

13. philk

philk Active Member

May 19, 2020
    Bulkammo.com lists HST’s in stock

14. Caspian

Caspian Chief Steward of Man Law

Sep 18, 2019
    TAKJAMS likes this.
  15. Caspian

Caspian Chief Steward of Man Law

Sep 18, 2019
  16. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Time to reload some more on my end for any fun shooting. I haven't reloaded in forever but, still have enough to load a few thousand rounds of 45 and 9mm.. I did back order 1000 rounds of S&B due to ship out on my B-day 9/24 for .29 a round. Really hoping it does come through without a hitch.. I had a guy tell me the other day that there was a zinc and copper mine out in Brazil and also supposedly a lead shortage at the moment contributing to the lack of supply..

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted