1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
JMB fan
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys- anyone ever use any "extended mags" in their .45 1911? I've seen 10 round, 15 round, even 20 round..... Just curious. They look like they might be fun at the range, but I don't want to waste my money if they don't run.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Nope. Eights are more than enough.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
"More than enough"? No such thing
Ok, I will qualify the statement. 8-round mags are more than enough to do what I need them to do. More is not better, it is just more of the same.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Not lately. Years ago I got some 20 and 30 round single stack mags at gun shows. Fun to play with but I would not depend on them. They were SS and no name as I recall.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,179 Posts
In my experience anything over 10 rounds is a total waste of money and time. I personally don't see the need for 10 round. I have a 15 round here that has been passed around to nearly every addict on the board and as far as I know it has never ran in anybodies gun... Send me your address and you can try it if you like. But, I'll be honest I near threw it in the Garbage..

·
JMB fan
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That’s all I was wondering. As I said in my OP, I wouldn’t use them any time it mattered. Thought it might be fun to try. Just trying to enjoy my range time. Thanks for the replies. @Integrity Arms, I’ll PayPal FF you some $ for postage and I’ll give it a run and report back! For fun, of course :)

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
It’s not very concealable as yardsticks don’t hide well under shirts.

Reactions: Mike Meints

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Wilson, CMC or Tripps all seem to run fine.
Guys I know use them in Limited 10 USPSA competition without problems
Except when you have a slide lock reload and hit the reload to hard.
Then some of them will go in the gun to far and lock it up.
Even the one with the blocks do it if your reload is to aggressive

1 - 20 of 24 Posts