.45 long slide, 10mm government, or 10m long slide from EA????

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Yoemen66, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Yoemen66

Yoemen66 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2017
    I know I haven't even taken possession of my EVO .45 yet....it should be here next week hopefully. But if I love it as much as I expect to love it, I can foresee me getting another one in the not too distant future.

The question is basically this--a long slide .45 to match the government .45, a 10mm government, or a 10mm long slide.

I have no experience with long slides other than they look cool and Dave builds some nice looking ones. On the other hand, the not knowing squat about them is the concern. They appeal to me but I have never actually fired one. I almost broke my Colt dedication to spring for a discounted long slide DW Bruin once upon a time. But that foolishness passed quickly.

As for caliber I love both. I have like 8 .45s ranging from my grandfathers WW I bring back to 4 SCGs, my Carbonia, a bright stainless .45 series 70, and my EVO.

10MM wise I have a first year production blued Delta and a 2 tone Ion Bond Delta that Dave has made into a 10MM SCG. So I have the guns to shoot. I am leaning towards the long slide simply because I do not have one but don't actually know if its worth it for that reason?

Any suggestions or recommendations on this one?

2. Yoemen66

Aug 10, 2017
    Just for looks here is a .45 long slide Dave has done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and I believe this is a 10....though it may be a 38 super

[​IMG]

3. Yoemen66

Aug 10, 2017
    No suggestion on going longslide or not?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted