1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a Full size 45 tack driver. Under 3k. Les Baer Pre.2, Ed Brown, DW, Springer? Have a Springer 9mm worked over by Wilson and it kicks ass but I don't want to hassle sending it out and waiting 5 months. The biggest hold up I'm in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. Any suggestions or am I having a pipe dream?

·
Registered
792 Posts
HooDooMan for what you're already prepared to spend, saving a bit more for a WMG as the man himself Joe C suggested is the best gun advice you're going to get all year. Spare yourself the work and move right into the fast lane, this is a no-brainer IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I only recently got back into shooting in the last year...and man...Love my LB. The gun roster is so oppressive for us in CA. Just make the jump to the Les Baer...pay a little more now and get it. If you don't, you will regret it and end up spending more buying it eventually.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Baer Premier II with 1.5 inch guarantee.

You won't be disappointed.
any Baer will do but this^^ is a guarantee to be just what you want

Reactions: IANative

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I only recently got back into shooting in the last year...and man...Love my LB. The gun roster is so oppressive for us in CA. Just make the jump to the Les Baer...pay a little more now and get it. If you don't, you will regret it and end up spending more buying it eventually.

welcome to the show. enjoy what is allowed in your commie state or move ;)

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I have always wondered what these "tacks" that require a .45 ACP 1911 to "drive" look like, haven't you?

Photos of your tacks?

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
I have always wondered what these "tacks" that require a .45 ACP 1911 to "drive" look like, haven't you?

Photos of your tacks?
If it aint a tack driver... don't use it!
tacks.jpg

·
Registered
801 Posts
My PII has about 20,000 rounds through it and is still as tight and accurate as it was after 1,000. I pretty much only shoot it one hand bullseye now and so the round count has slowed up quite a bit, but I will never let it go.

You could also look at Rock River Arms.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Nine CA-legal Baers:

Ultimate Master 5"
Hardball
PPC Distinguished Match
P II 5"
P II Super-Tac
CC
SRP
C1
C2

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,129 Posts
This^^^^^ x2

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My initial response was going to be WMG, Alchemy Prime, LB, reading deeper and seeing you are in Cali I’d go more LB, S/A pro? DW.
Then there is always an E-mail option to Joe-C

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really leaning to the LB Pre II at this time. Thank you all for the input. As of this Communist State in occupied USA, I'm retiring in a year and 1/2 or so. I'm defiantly out. AZ, TX, UT, ID NV. Still looking. But that's another post. I'm going to Heaven cause I've served my time in Hell.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts