1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I recently got the itch for pistol caliber carbine (PCC) style weapons. I have had the AR platform from Colt and QC10 and still have a boat load of 32 round Colt/Metalform stick magazines but nothing to use them in.

My interests are more in the CZ Scorpion Micro style of weapons. Short barrel, pistol brace. I have the rifle version of the CZ Scorpion Evo and recently picked up a B&T GHM9 pictured below.

Gun Rifle Firearm Machine gun Trigger

This created the bug for a 45ACP style weapon. I know B&T has the APC45 Pro and GHM45 but looking for other alternatives.

Kriss Vector Gen 2 looks like an interesting option but would welcome input on folks that have or currently own a 45ACP SMG like weapon.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
I have two Gen 2 Kriss carbines, one in .45 and one in 9mm. They're pretty cool. The .45 is accurate, recoil is negligible, and it uses G21 mags. My house gun is a G21 so they compliment each other. I think they're a little on the heavy side for the calibers but that's the case for most PCCs, except maybe the Kel-tec Sub-2000s.

I also have a very nice old .45ACP Marlin Camp Carbine. It uses 1911 mags and feels like a big bore 10/22. They're cool if you can find a good one but they're getting expensive. Don't have a pic of that one.

Reactions: Kip and SparkyAZ

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Know what you mean about the Camp Carbine. Friend had the 9mm version and it is fun to shoot. Was going to jump on one listed at Rock Island Auction but I got out after the bidding got above $600 and think the hammer fell close to $800 plus the buyer's premium.

For some reason one of the guys at my LGS wasn't too high on the Kriss Vector in 45 ACP, which surprised me since most everyone I've talk to that owns one have been big fans. Guess we all have our pet rocks. Handled one of their pistol version without the brace and didn't find it very practical but never did like the variants that require the use of a sling.

I was surprised by the weight as well given the amount of polymer in it but then I picked up a Thompson M1927A1 and the Kriss wasn't so heavy anymore.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Ha! I went and got one of the Kriss' and the Marlin out of the safe, and thought about a Thompson and by comparison the Kriss is a featherweight. The Marlin is a little lighter than the Kriss and points very well, very much like a 10/22. I gave $700 or $750 for it from a local gunshop last year or the year before, it was on consignment and is a nice example, still has the original mag. You can still get recoil springs and buffers for them so I ordered some spares.

The Kris also points naturally, though not the same as the Marlin but it is a much more modern design and has a markedly different feel to it. I guess it depends on what you like. The Kriss' are pricey compared to the Marlins and the Marlins have an old school feel that will take you back to your childhood if you're 50 or older. But, the Kriss has the futuristic high tech thing going on, plus a big capacity advantage. They're both cool in their own ways.

Took a pic of the Marlin while I had it out -
Brown Wood Gun Firearm Trigger

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the B&T options, but at $100 per B&T mag, it gets pricey quick. Glock compatible lower is an option but haven't come across that config yet.

CMMG does some nice weapons. Came across one in 10mm that handled very nicely. I also like the QC10 Big Tex side charger. 10.5" barrel is a nice option.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Since the enablers at my LGS handed me a CMMG Banshee 300 in 45acp, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying one, not cheap but looks like a good "pistol."

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Came across a QC10 build with the 10.5" barrel that looks like a good place to start and priced well below what they are new and less than the Banshee. Others, particularly the Kriss, still interest me but hopefully get to at least handle one.

Gun Firearm White Trigger Line

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely has the nostalgia factor but those are heavy and aren't the most reliable. One with the WWII config with its 10.5" barrel would be a good addition.

Thompson and Auto Ordnance current offerings aren't bad. Unfortunately the pistol version doesn't look like it can have a stock installed to it and the rifle version has the longer 16" barrel. Latter would be a good candidate to SBR or just buy one in that config from Thompson.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.