5.11 Tactical Clothes

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by HOTCHKIS, Feb 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Just a heads up for anyone with there clothes that are new with the tags still on them. Corporate in CA will exchange them for you if you do not have a receipt. I recently went from a 42w to a 34w and had a shitload of range clothes I had accumulated over the years. They will send you a shipping label without any out of pocket expense. As long as there still selling the product you have they will do an even exchange. Got stuck with a 2x black holster shirt that they don't make anymore but I can still use it. A great company.

2. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Wow, congrats on the weight loss! If that was voluntary weight loss, fantastic achievement. The Battle of the Bulge is a tough one.

FWoo45 and HOTCHKIS like this.

3. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Cool.

I recently picked up a couple pairs of Apex pants. So far I'm impressed. Good attention to detail in both design and construction.

These guys are making stuff that rivals the high performance mountaineering/backpacking clothing companies, but with the obvious emphasis on tactical activities instead of climbing and hiking.

BR549er and HOTCHKIS like this.
  4. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Congrats on the weight loss.

Mike Meints, BR549er and HOTCHKIS like this.
  5. BR549er

BR549er Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    An interesting read the 5.11-Royal Robbins story. check out the History section of the 5.11 Tactical wiki entry for a condensed version.

HOTCHKIS likes this.
  6. 357 Geek

357 Geek Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Dude that's some serious weight loss, way to go!

HOTCHKIS likes this.
  7. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Tell us how you lost the weight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

HOTCHKIS and WHEELS like this.
  8. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I think I read in another thread he walked 10-12 miles a day.

9. tightloops

tightloops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Congrats on the weight loss, sincerely hope you have better luck keeping it off than I did!:bag:

HOTCHKIS likes this.
  10. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Basically cut out all carbs. Eating a lot of chicken & fish (salmon 2-3x a week). Also a lot of vegetables & low fat yogurt. Ate an avocado a day instead of a banana. Basically cut out all sugar. Doing intermittent fasting also eating between 10am-6pm. Water black coffee green tea without any cream milk or sugar while fasting. Also drank about 1 gallon or more of water daily. You actually pee out calories and burn calories while you sleep at least 7-8hrs a night. Also sleep more & better since taking off the weight. The amazing thing is once your on it a while all the protein from the chicken & fish keeps you full not craving other foods. You can have a treat day once & awhile and eat what you want. Its not a diet anymore but more of a lifestyle now. I don't deny myself any food but moderation is the key. I like walking so that also helped. I walked 7days a week for about 3 months. Two 4 mile walks & a 2-4mile after dinner. I have a lot of time on my hands being a caretaker for my 93yr old father. I guess you can say it is a combination of keto atkins & paleo diet.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  11. CENTURIATOR

Dec 20, 2018
    Awesome regimen and the exercise part...awesome. Kudos on taking care of your Pops. Much respect, sir.

HOTCHKIS likes this.
  12. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I can actually get into a 32w jean but wear a 34 cause I carry my 1911 AIWB

13. CENTURIATOR

Dec 20, 2018
    My problem with pants is that the "rise" is never quite high enough for comfort because I have a long torso and comparatively short lets. I'm 6' 3" with a 32" inseam.

5.11 never fit well on me, not Propper and now the brand name escapes me that is "just right."

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted