Discussion Starter #1

·
We Are!
2,680 Posts
Complete with cargo pockets - nice!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I believe that has been around for a while. There were some forum threads on it, a few years ago. May not have been 5.11, though. Blackhawk, maybe? I’m not certain, kilts aren’t my thing.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
Kilts always provoke the old question, even if they are tactical.

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt?

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,003 Posts
No, unfortunately they are real. I've been to a few 3 Gun competitions where a guy would wear one and have taken two training classes over the years where at least one Tactical Timmy wore one.
Each time I just have to bite my tongue.
And, none of them spoke with a Scottish accent.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Great grandfather fought in the WWl trenches wearing one and told my dad the one thing he almost feared as much as the enemy were the rats crawling up his during the night. Since hearing that story I’ve never wanted to engage in this representation of my culture

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I believe that has been around for a while. There were some forum threads on it, a few years ago. May not have been 5.11, though. Blackhawk, maybe? I’m not certain, kilts aren’t my thing.
You may be thinking of Utilikilts ( https://utilikilts.com ).

I have several traditional kilts that have unaccountably shrunk around the midsection over the years. I do enjoy wearing them, and they move much more freely than even Duluth Trading Company Ballroom jeans. Back when I was still actively practicing martial arts, having the freedom of movement was a good thing: I didn't care if I was going to flash my opponent as long as the front kick to his face actually landed. And a full formal kilt, Argyll jacket, hose with flashes, sgian dubh, and brogues look very sharp when put together and worn correctly.

Having said that, the concept of modern utility kilts has never done a thing for me.

CC

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
It may not intended as a joke, but it should be! ;)

Besides, I don't want to look like a short guy riding a chicken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts