1. P J

P J Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  2. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Patron member

Dec 21, 2014
    I have no clue to the value but 410 and 28 gauge are expensive to purchase compared to 12 & 20 gauge, so I would suspect that many people reload them. I would look into selling them. Maybe find a skeet forum and cruise the ads to see what people are trying to sell or buy to get an idea of value and need.
    Best wishes.

limbkiller, Capthobo and P J like this.

3. P J

P J Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Thanks for the suggestion Joni, I'll take a look.

4. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    I might be able to use them if you come up with a price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Winchester AA 28 gauge hulls come in two varieties. The overall length of the hulls are slightly different and therefor have different loading characteristics. In my experience, the older style hulls are better for reloading than the newer hulls. You need to specify which hulls you have by looking at the stamps on the hulls you have if you're going to sell them on a skeet-related website. Tell me which hulls you have and I'll give you a price per 100.

P J likes this.
  6. Oldgunner

Mar 30, 2018
    OK. Your 28 ga. HS AA hulls should sell for $ 0.145 to $0.17 each if you have 500 or more for sale. The hulls should be once-fired and in clean condition. You can sell them on e-bay or on your state-affiliated NSSA organization's website. I hope that helps. Prices tend to be higher during the reloading season that runs from now until February, Good luck. Keep in mind that skeet shooters make up 98 % of the 28 ga. market

limbkiller, P J, Joni Lynn and 2 others like this.
  7. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Patron member

Dec 21, 2014
    Great info, especially from a 1911 site. The guys over on the shotgun site I visit aren't nearly helpful and are often very very snarky.
    Great members here.

gps man, Badabing11 and P J like this.
  8. P J

P J Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    I appreciate the info very much Oldgunner. Unfortunately it looks like they're headed for the trash bin...just not enough to make the effort worth the time.

9. awp101

awp101 Veni, vidi sum oblitus

Jan 12, 2017
    About 10 years ago I almost started a fight at my club. I walked into the skeet shed and sat 2 boxes of once fired 28ga hulls on one of the tables. I told the guys what they were and I no longer needed them since I wasn't going to get into 28ga after all and they were free to whomever wanted them. I've never seen old men move so fast...

10. Oldgunner

Mar 30, 2018
    As an old skeet shooter and reloader I hate to hear that 28 ga. hulls are going into the trash. However, I've got about 1000 hulls that I can reload but may never get around to because I'm no longer shooting competitively. Sad, because the 28 ga. is a lot of fun to shoot for skeet and for dove and quail as well.

FWoo45 likes this.
  11. Oldgunner

Mar 30, 2018
    My Grulla 28 ga. side lock, side by side "Spanish best". 6 lb. 3 oz. of pure pleasure for upland small game shooting.

IMG_4896.JPG.jpeg

12. mv53wv

mv53wv New Member

Jan 7, 2019
    you still have the 28ga hulls

13. Badabing11

Badabing11 I gotta have more cowbell

Sep 6, 2015
    I’ve noticed that in SG sites too.

There must be a lot of closet A-hole shotgun shooters. When I’m at my club, the folks all treat each other nice. Online, it’s a different story.

I come to Addicts for advice on any firearms.

To the OP, AA once fired hulls in 12 ga, routinely go for $0.05/ Hull. New 28 ga shells are 2 to three times the cost of 12 ga hulls. . In addition, they are very hard to find.

Old gunner has steered you right

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted