1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, build attempt #6.
I received the frame today from JEM. This one is going to incorporate some of the extra parts I have accumulated through the previous 5 builds.
It will inherit the NH Trigger (ignition) Kit that I purchased. Currently Steve O. (aka. @Integrity Arms ) has it for testing and then the @ZoidMeister gets his hands on it.
This one will get my first attempt at polishing the SS frame flats. If it turns to Dog Sh*t I'll send it out for DLC and be done with it.
The caliber will be something new to me... .38 super :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:
(for those who don't know.... I am SOOOOOO kidding about it being new to me)
Yet I digress.............
JEM seems to have cut my rail channels waaay narrower than usual so it looks like a better sharpen my whittling knife... anyway.. here goes.

IMG_3483 (2).jpg

·
Deo Volente
7,109 Posts
You are a better man than me! :grin:

·
NRA Endowment member
3,145 Posts
Tagged for the ride.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I may want to do my next build's frame and slide in DLC (small parts will be stainless). Who would you send it to, about how much does it cost, and about how long does it take?

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may want to do my next build's frame and slide in DLC (small parts will be stainless). Who would you send it to, about how much does it cost, and about how long does it take?
@Integrity Arms is my DLC go-between-guy.
additional question should be a PM to him.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,018 Posts
I'm so much in love with skip line checkering that I'm a skip line checkering whore

·
I do not consent.
1,422 Posts
I like that skip-line look but have never shot or handled a frame like that. It looks like a pretty coarse base pattern - say 15 lpi or so. Is that correct, or am I just being optically delusioned by all the space?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I like that skip-line look but have never shot or handled a frame like that. It looks like a pretty coarse base pattern - say 15 lpi or so. Is that correct, or am I just being optically delusioned by all the space?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know where I live . . . . .

PCZoid-grips-final - 05.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE
Barrel fit to slide, slide fit to frame, lower lugs cut less fine tuning. (waiting for a Harrison slide stop pin & thumb safety)

This morning I temp. installed ejector to drill the post for retaining pin and then fitted the FP stop to clear ejector. I robbed myself of the WC extractor I had purchased so I am waiting for its replacement.
IMG_3496 (2).jpg

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Another Update :facepalm:
As I posted in the "in the mail" thread, I got a bunch of John Harrison Extreme Service parts & the return of my NH Trigger Kit (unit)
:grin: laughing because Steve O told me the Harrison parts were a bit more "FIT" than drop in.
He was right!!! .......... but a good learning experience for sure.
I spent some quality time with the Harrison installation links for his parts and my needle file set.
Alas... the SS Pin & Thumb Safety have been installed and matched up with the NH ignition assembly.
I have also pinned the ejector in place. (temporarily) ...... I have cycled about 10-12 mags. of blank rounds in slooooooow motion and feel as though this thing is ready for a function test at the range.
I should add that the sights are currently back ordered. (so shooting will be without accuracy assessment.)
If all goes well.. it will be disassembled for final blend, blast & polish.
The trigger pull is currently at 3 lbs 14 ozs. and all safeties operate as they should, in the hand cycle mode.

Ok, ok..... so the grips are round butt..... they're just range rags!!!!!

And yes............... that is Groot watching over another build!

IMG_3541 (2).jpg
IMG_3543 (2).jpg
IMG_3546 (2).jpg

·
Registered
397 Posts
@TheCollector, I assume you’re liking the Harrison parts? I have a slide stop, thumb safety, grip safety, trigger, and ignition set from him for my next build.

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@TheCollector, I assume you’re liking the Harrison parts? I have a slide stop, thumb safety, grip safety, trigger, and ignition set from him for my next build.
I liked the look of the set for something different. I did find that he has you working several areas for fit & function.

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Bang Bang Bang!!! etc...
After the range testing yesterday for function of the systems, I found one issue needing to be dealt with. As the gun lost its dripping wetness, I had a couple of "slide lock-out" failures. I was running Mrs. C's light .38s loads. (since it will be her shooter) and may have to look at spring tensions as well as significant disco. drag from the NH trigger unit.

Anyway........ forward I go.
I didn't post the shooting target since the unit didn't have any sights and the target looked like it was pipe-bombed with flying ball bearings.
Today I started my fit/blending of components. My fingers are raw but I think I'm close.
IMG_3547a (2).jpg
IMG_3548 (2).jpg
IMG_3549 (2).jpg
IMG_3550 (2).jpg
IMG_3551 (2).jpg

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,053 Posts
Excellent work!
You need put out a shingle and open the books!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts