7mm remington

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by 50GI-Jess, Dec 22, 2011.

1. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Merry Christmas guys,
    OK, so what exactly is 7mm Remington? I googled the caliber, and all it says, is that it's the 7x57 Mauser!!!

2. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    It's the .280. Remington tried to soup up the caliber and give it some pazzaz with a new name.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011

3. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    I have a 7mm rem Mag...
    It's been in the safe for years,,,,I'll pull out some shells and do a comparison with a few other rounds....

4. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    OK, so is it exactly the same as .280 Rem.? Is there any caliber out there named 7mm Remington? Why is it called that, when it;s a different caliber name ???

5. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    The .280 is a 7mm rd. It suffered from low loadings as some guns made pumps, auto loaders were said to be dangerous with hot loadings. Not really true. Remington tried to rebrand the cartridge and came out with a few hotter loadings. The .280 is an excellent rd but has suffered because of low presure loadings.

6. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Here is a pic of the 7mm rem mag vs the 30.06 round

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  7. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    So whats up with the 7x57 mauser which can be used in a 7 mm. Rem that I read about ? Has anyone fired a .280 rem. in a Remington rolling Block? Maybe it's one of them deals, where you stand back with a string attached to the trigger, to see if it's a go or no-go ha ha.

8. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    You need to search for "7mm Remington Magnum"

Great fast, flat, shooting cartridge!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted