7th Annual Addicts Shoot!!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by limbkiller, Apr 15, 2018 at 4:36 PM.

1. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair.

Aug 18, 2011
    OK ya bunch of whining, cry baby, weird, sick SOB, a-hole, gun nuts it's time to hold another shoot. This year the shoot will be held on June 2nd, as per most years it is the first Saturday in June. I do it then to get past the all day rains of spring and before the heat sets in for the summer. It will be held in the same deep "holler where banjo music may be heard". :D As always it is held in Garrad county Ky just south of Lexington Ky.

As usual we will have NO drugs or alcohol allowed on the property as guns do not mix with those items. Catch ya using them and you will be asked to leave. I have no choice, as the safety of everyone their is of utmost importance. Don't like it don't come. The man who lets us use his property is a TRUE CHRISTIAN and a gift from GOD in my life and says God has blessed him with this property and wants to share it with others.

The shoot is an open invitation to anybody who is a member of this site. Has been since the first one and will remain so as long as I hold them. EVERY member who has attended so far has been a stellar person of utmost character and a joy to talk to, be around and get to know. You will find that interacting with the members, AND the hillbilly locals who attend to basically be one of the highlights of your trip. If you enjoy meeting gun loving, people who love America, and come from a variety of backgrounds and get along like best friends then you need to attend. You WILL NOT BE disappointed in that aspect of the shoot.

Per usual we have 2 great meals, at least I think so, for lunch and supper. Fish, hush puppies, baked beans, fried taters and other goodies for lunch. Of course there will be the naner puddin for desert at both meals. Ribs with corn from the garden, oriental coleslaw, green beans, yes with bacon grease as is required by Southern tradition, potato salad and a surprise or two for supper. :hungry:Remember the ladies of Terry, myself and other locals cook and make this for us. It is Southern cooking at it's finest and if you are a YANKEE ya might not like it. :roflmaro: If anybody has a special diet please let me know as we will take care of you by bringing a head of lettuce for ya to chew on. ;)Seriously though let us know and we will accommodate you. Just send me a PM. You will not be disappointed here either.

Once again like I say before every shoot bring a friend, wife, girly friend, aunt, uncle, kid or two and lets have a ball. I have had guests of all ages from 75+ to 9 year old kids. ALL seem to have had a great time. I don't care what religion, race, gender, you are it doesn't matter. Just come and have fun.

There will be guns of all types so bring whatever you want to bring. Pistols, rifles, shotguns you name it. In Kentucky if it is allowed by the feds it is legal here. Very few restrictions in our "HILLBILLY" state. One of the reasons I live here. If a few of you live in a "free state" please pick up some shur shot, tannerite explosive and bring with you. Last year we ended up with about 100lbs. and boy was that fun. 10-20 people shooting at the same time and a couple of guys hitting the tannerite it will remind you of the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan. :eek: Just loads of fun. Remember there will quite a few clays thrown so bring that scattergun.

There will be loads of targets to shoot out to 300 yards so plan on lots of shooting so you will need GOOD ear protection as you will be wearing it a good portion of the day. Just think of 15,000+rds going off. We bring extra sets so if you forget yours no problem, you will be laughed at, thrown on the ground and given a pink belly, then given a pair. :)

We have had members who have made five of six shoots so we must be doing something right. I assure you we here will do everything in our power to make this a great day for y'all. Last year Jelly called and got a discount for the members who attended at the hotel they all stay at.
    https://www.choicehotels.com/kentucky/nicholasville/comfort-inn-hotels/ky271?source=gyxt

If you have any questions frig ya. :roflmaro: Just send me a PM or post it in this thread so others can read it as they may have the same question. Do try and let me know if ya are coming though so I can get enough food though that sure hasn't been a problem so far. The shoot is growing every year as I hoped it would and hope those who have attended will jump on here and help it grow with "glowing accounts" of the shoot. :)

https://www.1911addicts.com/posts/497490

https://www.1911addicts.com/posts/247605

2. blitz45

blitz45 Cogito ergo armatus sum Supporting Addict

Nov 6, 2017
    Awesome! I've been interested in going ever since first hearing about it. Thank you for putting this together and your friend for letting his property be used. I'll be attending with my wife. If there's anything we can bring to help out, please let me know.

Jimhoag, boatdoc, notshawn54 and 4 others like this.

3. blitz45

Nov 6, 2017
    How far away is that hotel from the shoot?

Longmire and limbkiller like this.
  4. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 1, 2013
    Well, this is another year I can't be there, my daughter is getting married that day so I have to be in the middle of nowhere Kansas for the nuptials. Ya'll have an extra spoon of nanner puddin' for me!

5. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . . Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    You need to let @tac45 run the promotion this year sos's you'll have envelopes filled with cash to help offset the cost.

Hope to show up this year. If my hip holds out . . . .

Also need to negotiate with my wife as it conflicts with a wedding she wants to drag me to. I'll let you know for sure asap.

6. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    15 miles or so. I meet those at the hotel at 8am and take them there.

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Would love to go, doubt the budget will allow this year.

boatdoc and Longmire like this.
  8. blitz45

Nov 6, 2017
    GPS says 9 hours from my door to the hotel. That's gonna be a fun drive.

limbkiller and WHEELS like this.
  9. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . . Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    I've got $50 on ya 2:1 that you'll make it in 7 . . .

Jimhoag, boatdoc, limbkiller and 3 others like this.
  10. blitz45

Nov 6, 2017
    That sound about right.

limbkiller, Longmire and ZoidMeister like this.
  11. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 9, 2017
    6hrs here but I'll be at the beach camping with family. We go early June every year. I would love to make it one year to the shoot.

boatdoc, limbkiller and ZoidMeister like this.
  12. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    Google-Fu says 6 hours for me. Straight shot up I-75.

13. RazorBurn

RazorBurn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    I have to check the vacation schedule at work, but I soooo want to make it to the Addicts Shoot!

Four and a half hour trip one way for me, so not a bad drive at all.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 6:30 PM
  14. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm getting older and have had 2 heart attacks already so ya might want commit soon. :roflmaro:

15. Mr. B

Mr. B Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 10, 2016
    Damn, don't think I'll be able to make this one. Just getting back from Memorial Day. Trip to KY is only 12 hrs road trip. :(

Longmire and blitz45 like this.
  16. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 9, 2017
    Hopefully next year I can make it, You probably out live me lol

limbkiller, Longmire and blitz45 like this.
  17. Sawgrass

Sawgrass Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
  18. flotter390

flotter390 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Apr 24, 2012
    Ed, sign me up for 2.
    been waiting for this post for 10 months.

Fred

19. Acroyer

Acroyer Poster of Fine Visuals Supporting Addict

Dec 16, 2015
    Oh man, It's just a straight shot down 75 from Cincinnati for me. Google says 2.5 hours, give or take. My family/home life is so chaotic that there is no way to plan that far in advance! Well, maybe. I'll have to see who wants to go, and who wants to stay with the in-laws for a day. If I do manage to drag my old, fat ass down there, I'll have to bring what I have left of my Underwood .45 Colt +P ammo for folks to try out. Shooting that stuff out of a 4 and 5/8" barreled Blackhawk (with smooth grips) is a real eye-opener.

blitz45, limbkiller and Longmire like this.
  20. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    Iffn @tac45 doesn't come through for you (and I can get there) I can still see a way to get you close to break even . . .

Tickets go on sale at midnight . . .

Of course I get top billing . . .

Tickets to meet Zman.jpg

Tickets to Limbkiller.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted