1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

First post, longtime beenkurker. I am a Glock guy for 30 years. I literally don't know how many I have. Then I saw a Stacatto P, and I got bit by the 2011 bug - HARD. I have a Stacatto P Duo from 2019 and a Staccato XC - both with 508Ts. I also have a 508T waiting for the C2 when it arrives. I am up to 25 mags and counting.

So while this is getting totally out of hand, I started thinking - which is a dangerous thing. I want to start down the 80% path, as an engineering study, a way of learning the platform well, and why the hell not...

I have 3 guns in mind:
a steel, full size, full rail, full dust cover, 10mm with a RMR slide cut.
a C2 duo clone - but comped.
a railed, steel 45.

In terms of mechanical aptitude, my LLC guys can build Aks from flats, Glocks from 80% lowers, and can put together a 1911. We also have a ghost gunner 2 that we have been pooping out AR10s and AR15s with. I suck, but I have friends in low places.

I have seen L10 and Black Mountain. Are either superior to the other? My plan was to buy the matrix rail cutter and jib set, and a bunch of receivers from L10. Where do you guys go and get the rest? Are there better vendors than others? Any tips and tricks? Thanks,

Damienb

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,071 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have been a Glock guy for 30 years. I literally don't know how many I have. Then I saw a Stacatto P, and I got bit by the 2011 bug - HARD. I have a Stacatto P Duo from 2019 and a Staccato XC - both with 508Ts. I also have a 508T waiting for the C2 when it arrives. I am up to 25 mags and counting.

So while this is getting totally out of hand, I started thinking - which is a dangerous thing. I want to start down the 80% path, as an engineering study, a way of learning the platform well, and why the hell not...

I have 3 guns in mind:
a steel, full size, full rail, full dust cover, 10mm with a RMR slide cut.
a railed, steel 45.

In terms of mechanical aptitude, my LLC guys can build Aks from flats, Glocks from 80% lowers, and can put together a 1922. We also have a ghost gunner 2 that we have been pooping out AR10s and AR15s with. I suck, but I have friends in low places.

I have seen L10 and Black Mountain. Are either superior to the other? My plan was to buy the matrix rail cutter and jib set, and a bunch of receivers from L10. Where do you guys go and get the rest? Are there better vendors than others? Any tips and tricks? Thanks,

Damienb
:morning:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
STI would be a great frame option, expensive but great.

L-10 would be my choice. CK and PT are also great options but a bit more expensive.

There are not a lot of proprietary 2011 parts most of it is standard 1911. For triggers I like SVI.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
If you’re thinking of going this route you’d be better off going with a BUL Armory Viper. Laughable amount of features for the price. http://gparms.com/sas-ii-viper/

Y
ou can find a Tactical 5.0 in 45acp for a reasonable price (pm me if you really want one).

Ao by process of elimination you should do the optic cut 10mm. If you want to go the simple route on that I have a STI Nitro 10 2011 for sale that would just need the optic cut.

A 10mm longslide with an island barrel with ports or integral comp (Schumann barrel) would be an awesome gun. http://www.schuemann.com/OnlineCatalog/SchuemannCatalog/tabid/91/c/barrels/p/ls40cnm0/Default.aspx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts