8th Annual Addicts Shoot

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by limbkiller, Apr 8, 2019.

1. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Well boys and girls, transgenders, atheists, homos, Buddists, commies, gun nuts, mountain men, swamp rats what ever ya want to call yourself it is time to hold another shoot. As the title states it is........ Hold On now "NUMBER EIGHT". Can ya believe it? I have a hard time believing it sometimes.

I was working out of town when I first decided to do this. What a crazy idea huh?. BUT I managed to pull it off and man has it been a blast for me and I guess some of y'all. Nothing like spending a day with a bunch of like mined crazies to just relax away from the world with little to no cell phone service. Just a bunch of guys frolicking around naked around in the woods and fields............ SH!T wrong get together. Sorry about that. :roflmaro::roflmaro:

Back to the regular schueduled programming.

I just want to say y'all are who make this get together what it is. Not me. I could go down into that holler and shoot away but without the interaction with y'all it would be fun but not something that changes your soul about life, belief in your fellow man, and just enjoying the company of like minded people who ya know will one day set this country straight. :cool: It restores your faith in mankind that all will be OK. This is to me the best thing about the shoot.

NOW lets talk the fun stuff. There is always two meals and ya can eat all ya want. Haven't run out of food yet and as long as most of ya let me know that ya will be here I can buy and prepare enough food. I do realize things happen and a few decide they can't come do to unfortunate circumstances
    and others may be able to come after deciding life is to short to miss such a great time getting nak.... Whoops. :roflmaro: The menu isn't totally set yet but I'm positive of ribs, nanner pudding, baked beans, oriental cole slaw and a few others. Had no complaints so far, though did have a guy from Ohio ask what nanner pudding and hush puppies were. :confused2: REALLY. What the hell did he eat. :grin:
    Just realize ya will eat Southern food at its finest.

No drugs or alcohol allowed AT ALL as guns just don't mix with those items. I will tell ya to leave if caught as I will not endanger the lives of the fine people who attend this event. Wanna drink go to the Comfort INN and have a few with the other members who come and stay there the night before and after the shoot.

All people of any race, religion, sexual preference, gender are welcome if ya are a member of this forum. Everybody is welcome to bring a guest or three be it a child, wife, girl friend if the wife can't attend, cousin, dad etc........
    Just bring your smile, some ammo, guns and a great attitude and I promise we will do everything in our power to see ya have a great time. You will get a chance to shoot all kinds of guns as everybody so far has been more that willing to hand ya any gun they own to shoot. And believe me there will be some nice guns at the shoot.

REMEMBER this is family friendly event. So far there has been no problems other than a couple of members who couldn't drive there 4 wheel drive truck worth a crap and had to be pulled up the hill with a tractor. For the newbies the ride in and out adds to the mystique of the shoot. You'll see.

The shoot will be June 1st as we try to hold it then to get past the spring rains and before summer heat sets in. So far it has worked out pretty good.

Any gun allowed by Federal law is allowed here so bring what ya got, shoot them and enjoy. I promise ya will.

And yea I take donations to help me pay for this but if your broke like all of us get at times don't worry about it come and enjoy yourself please.

If any of ya live in a free state please pick up a little tannerite as it really adds to the shoot and if everybody picks up some we can blow the hell out of some stuff.

Alright look forward to seeing some of you and if ya have any special needs such as diet or anything else please PM and we will go out of way for ya.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  2. notshawn54

notshawn54 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Count me in for 4 Ed. I’ll be 4 weeks post-op but that shouldn’t stop me for partaking in nanner puddin. Anybody on the fence really needs to make it. This will be my third time and I can’t recommend it high enough.

3. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Number eight awesome Ed.

I'm changing jobs in the next 90 days so next year could be my year if I can get vacation time from the new job.

This year I will once again have to look forward to the pictures, they help us all see what we are missing.

Steve Owens, leadfarmer, B81 and 4 others like this.
  4. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Nanner pudding will fix what ails you!

5. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Haven't been able to get there yet but if I can put it together I'll be there this year. We'll see if my dad has one more road trip in him.:gramps:

6. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    This 'll be my second and hopefully not my last . It's a great time and an opportunity to meet all the other addicts . I'll bring a canopy a couple of thousand rounds of 9mm and .45 and a large tarp for brass retrieval . Anything else ?
    Ed , just let me know how I can help ! See 'ya soon !

7. vhntr1

vhntr1 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2019
    Sounds like a great time I think I can make it would love to meet you guys I make some mean nanner pudding but I don't think it wil make the trip I will ride my two wheeler.

8. rmac

rmac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 26, 2016
    Counting the days down. See ya the 1st.

9. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I went last year and it is really cool! Good time but I did discover that I brought way too much crap with me!
    Bring a chair, a canopy if you have it, a couple of your favorite guns, plenty of ammo and a BIG appetite!
    The ride in and out is definitely a huge part of the fun!

I gonna do my best to attend again this year, hope to see you there.

10. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    If someone is headed west on I-70 through Western Colorado, Can you stop by my place and pick up some tannerite? I just can't shoot this stuff around here because of fire danger!

Steve Owens, limbkiller and xerts1191 like this.
  11. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    What is the location?

Steve Owens likes this.
  12. notshawn54

notshawn54 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Near Lexington, Kentucky. But don’t let that scare you, Scaramouche came in from Vegas last year.

13. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Tannerite: Glenwood Springs Colorado

limbkiller, ZoidMeister and xerts1191 like this.
  14. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    I already put the time off on the work calendar.

The Good Lord willing and the Creek don't rise . . . . . .

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  15. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Lunch time, last year, beautiful Kentucky
    P1030779.JPG

16. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    8 Years?!?!
    Man oh man Ed, that’s pretty damn cool!
    I’ve yet to be able to attend any of the 1911 Addicts get togethers, due to my job,(Ed understands).
    I hope it’s another great event and enjoyment for all who get to attend. :)

You’re the man Ed! :thumbs:

limbkiller, leadfarmer and boatdoc like this.
  17. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I may actually be able to attend this. Lexington is about 10 hours away from me. I just need to make sure that I can get Friday off.

It sounds like there is a Comfort Inn where addicts from out of town typically stay. Am I understanding this right?

18. pcso13

pcso13 Happiness is a range in your backyard

Nov 25, 2018
    I love to attend if I can make it happen. What is the town where the Comfort Inn is located?

leadfarmer and B81 like this.
  19. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Part of the road down to the shoot, this part is fine for you Lexus drivers, it's the greasy grass up top that will cause you to spin your wheels
    P1030671.JPG

For them that aint been there nor looked up the previous posts on the shoot here's a couple more pictures of the holler

P1030674.JPG
    Limbkiller in blue with his friend David Ray setting up the day before

P1030675.JPG
    You walk to the treeline and keep walking you'll hit the Kentucky River

P1030679.JPG
    this lovely stream runs along the trees on the left side of the holler

P1030734.JPG
    game day

20. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Will ask for a few days off tomorrow. Might not work out as we get closer but what the hell. Will try to coerce the old man to tag along. Gotta figure out how to ship the guns but that should be easy. Thanks for doing this Ed. It's on my bucket list.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted