1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,167 Posts
It's still up over 100% from pre-pandemic levels but I agree it's getting better.

I'd be happy at $300 per 1,000 as $200 per 1,000 may take years.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I just looked on TargetSports (7/19 @10:30pm EST) and to support Uncle Bob, here's what I found (w/ Prime membership):

9mm for less than $400 a case (Winchester 115 gr), and CCI. Am Eagle is $460.

45 ACP Remington UMC is $550 a case, and CCI is $560. 357 Mag is high at $46 a box. Sorry, no 38 Super.

Winchester 5.56 is $10 a box.

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's still up over 100% from pre-pandemic levels but I agree it's getting better.

I'd be happy at $300 per 1,000 as $200 per 1,000 may take years.
Bitch bitch bitch!

Hell I reload so I'm not buying, but since I'm on the mailing lists it might help someone that needs it.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Yea but mainly AKs and I'm not going to touch on this further with one exception. Quality control? Unknown.
We sell it at work but I haven’t gotten any feedback from customers yet. Some of it is overpriced so I’d rather wait for Blazer or Winchester.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I had to get Balkan brass for my AKs and my SKS. It was pretty fantastic, but was military surplus. I don’t know about this new stuff, but Balkan’s do seem to know their ammo.

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We sell it at work but I haven’t gotten any feedback from customers yet. Some of it is overpriced so I’d rather wait for Blazer or Winchester.
I reload, so why pay for excessively high prices at all? Besides, like my handloads more.

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had to get Balkan brass for my AKs and my SKS. It was pretty fantastic, but was military surplus. I don’t know about this new stuff, but Balkan’s do seem to know their ammo.
Berdan or boxer primed? If it's not Boxer, at best you can recycle the brass.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Berdan or boxer primed? If it's not Boxer, at best you can recycle the brass.
It was the brown cardboard boxes with the white paper labels. 5 stripper clips per box. Packed in an ammo can. Now that I think about it, it might have been Romanian.

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was the brown cardboard boxes with the white paper labels. 5 stripper clips per box. Packed in an ammo can. Now that I think about it, it might have been Romanian.
Trick is Boxer or berdan primed? Norma 9mm is made in eastern Europe, but it is Boxer primed. Not the most consistent 9mm, but mild and fun to shoot.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The link above is for Hornady from Brownell’s. I purchased a thousand rounds last night.

·
Registered
828 Posts
To be clear, I don’t reload. I don’t have the confidence that I won’t blow my gun up. I have family members that do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts