1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Get off my lawn...
14,641 Posts
I load & shoot a lot of 9mm SWC (.356) in my 38 Supers. Not jacketed, but Missouri Bullet Company has them in lead and HI Tek coated. I’m a big fan! Best of luck!

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Alpha 1-506 in Vietnam
Dealer 1/506 Afghanistan ;)
Also attached to Able 1/506 for part of the first and second deployments.
Thank you for your service brother! Merry Christmas!

·
Dremel jockey
3,855 Posts
Federal American Eagle 147gr.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I load & shoot a lot of 9mm SWC (.356) in my 38 Supers. Not jacketed, but Missouri Bullet Company has them in lead and HI Tek coated. I’m a big fan! Best of luck!
Thanks for the reccomendation. I can order enough for a small test run without a major commitment.

·
Get off my lawn...
14,641 Posts
Thanks for the reccomendation. I can order enough for a small test run without a major commitment.
Check their Web Sight, they may sell plated or jacketed too? I'm primarily a lead or coated SWC kind o' guy. Good stuff! Cuts a clean hole!! Best of luck Sir!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reloaded 200 rounds of Missouri 9mm and .45 SWC. Discovered three things: they are clean, accurate and non-fouling loads if I don't push them too hard; I had no FTF in either gun if I set the bullets just a hair deeper in the casing; and they. don't cut as clean a hole as I had hoped, probably because our league uses flimsy paper targets.

·
Get off my lawn...
14,641 Posts
Reloaded 200 rounds of Missouri 9mm and .45 SWC. Discovered three things: they are clean, accurate and non-fouling loads if I don't push them too hard; I had no FTF in either gun if I set the bullets just a hair deeper in the casing; and they. don't cut as clean a hole as I had hoped, probably because our league uses flimsy paper targets.
I'm a big fan of the 9mm SWCs for my 38 Supers. I use them quite often. No complaints.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Bayou and others have 140-150 gr coated 9mm SWCs.
I find that the lower velocity of a "subsonic" gives lower FELT recoil and less muzzle blast and flash.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Loaded 100 of the 125 in 9mm with 4.4, 4.7 and 5 grains of CFE pistol. Max is 5.3.

Will report after I test. It’s zero out today.

David

·
Registered
381 Posts
Here ya go
Circled in red are the 125 SWC loaded ahead of 4,7 and 5.0 CFE pistol. OAL was front driving band just inside the case. No real crimp, just roll back the flare. OAL was 1.123?

Circled in green were another brand LRN that shoot terrible out of this gun.

Dan Wesson PM-9 25 yards shot from resting position. I can shoot better than that, I fired some of my best jacketed load getting a group of just over 1" as usual for this gun.

These are perfect for steel bowling pins and maybe a little tweaking and wife can use them in 50 feet Bullseye. She would like the nice neat holes.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Get off my lawn...
14,641 Posts
Here ya go
Circled in red are the 125 SWC loaded ahead of 4,7 and 5.0 CFE pistol. OAL was front driving band just inside the case. No real crimp, just roll back the flare. OAL was 1.123?

Circled in green were another brand LRN that shoot terrible out of this gun.

Dan Wesson PM-9 25 yards shot from resting position. I can shoot better than that, I fired some of my best jacketed load getting a group of just over 1" as usual for this gun.

These are perfect for steel bowling pins and maybe a little tweaking and wife can use them in 50 feet Bullseye. She would like the nice neat holes.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! Yes, they cut like a hole punch! Great shooting!!

·
Get off my lawn...
14,641 Posts
More good news.
Started out the day with some good luck.

25 yards Misouri Bullet 125 gr SWC HiTEK coated.

10 shots 25 yards. PM-9 resting on a bag.

I loaded up the last 400 with this load of 3.5 Bullseye.

David
That’s some great shooting, David! Do you show a little more front sight at 25 yards? 9mm is relatively flat shooting, but just curious. Not sure I can even see 25 yards. :roll:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I cheat and use a Burri FF III on most of my guns. The sights disappeared a long time ago.

I Bought that PM-9 and could not believe the accuracy. I replaced the barrel bushing with an EGW angle bore. Now I can get just over 1" 5 shot groups at 25 yards. My wife shoots Bullseye with me. She took it over. I then bought a Valor in 45 but I can't get the accuracy out of that one yet. Some days I think its me, so I shoot a group with the PM-9 and realize its the gun or my loads.

Thanks for the compliment.

Probably gonig to order 1,000 more of those 125 SWC.

David

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts