1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
LOL shoot the 9mm I do and try that! These are just for my high cap vehicle guns anyway. Both the 45 and the 9mm are for little girls who wear pretty pink panties. :) Big boys carry full power 10mm or a 454 Casull. :) :) :)
Going to be carrying my Gemini Customs 454 Alaskan all next week at the ranch in NM

·
Registered
721 Posts
Funny videos! Thanks for sharing, I had never seen these before.

I must admit, while I realize its all in jest, for me I find a little bit of truth in it. I personally do not own any 9mm guns whatsoever. I do own a .380 pocket pistol for when it's that or nothing, but if I'm going to carry something larger than it, I don't want to guess as to whether it's going to be effective.

As for training with 9 because it's cheaper, my personal feeling is that I should train with what what I am going to carry and become proficient with exactly what I will use in a high-stress situation. I don't go as far as to practice with SD ammo, but I want to shoot my .40s, .45s, and 10mms when I practice so I can improve and perform better with my specific tools, even if it costs a little more.

With all this said, people who have issues with recoil - whomever that may be - would be better served to carry whatever they can best manage than to avoid carrying all together. All joking aside about bullets "bouncing off", we all know a .22 mag to the head is not going to be shaken off and is likely going to be fatal. Shot placement is more crucial than caliber as a missed shot of .500 Mag is less effective than a kick in the groin.

Edit: Well, depending on your kick and who it is you are kicking, you may do more hearing damage with your missed shot - LOL!

·
Happiness is a range in your backyard
658 Posts
While I must admit that 90% of the guns I own and carry are 9mm, the rounds bouncing off the can was pretty darn funny! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
The 9mm is a great cartridge--for women and Europeans (i.e. girly-men).

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
A few decades ago, I was visiting with a gun buddy at his house he showed me a fired 9mm FMJ projectile that was taken out of his leg. He was at a range or maybe in someone's yard shooting, I can't recall those details. Someone next to my friend accidentally shot him in the leg with the 9mm. My friend did not even go to a hospital. He went to his doctors office where the doc removed the bullet from his leg and sent him home. If that round had been a +P+ expanding bullet, it would probably have been a lot more serious. But, in reality, a 45 ACP hardball round is much more likely to bounce off of sheet metal than 9mm.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
A few decades ago, I was visiting with a gun buddy at his house he showed me a fired 9mm FMJ projectile that was taken out of his leg. He was at a range or maybe in someone's yard shooting, I can't recall those details. Someone next to my friend accidentally shot him in the leg with the 9mm. My friend did not even go to a hospital. He went to his doctors office where the doc removed the bullet from his leg and sent him home. If that round had been a +P+ expanding bullet, it would probably have been a lot more serious. But, in reality, a 45 ACP hardball round is much more likely to bounce off of sheet metal than 9mm.
Good thing it wasn’t 10mm, he would have been vaporized. :alien1:

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,234 Posts
Good thing it wasn’t 10mm, he would have been vaporized. :alien1:
It’ll blow a mans head clean off!:roll:

Oh wait.... sorry!
Wrong movie!:oops:

Reactions: pcso13

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Honestly, since I have recently discovered the 38 Super, I do question some of the things I have been told about the 9mm. The 38 Super really is a super round by comparison.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts