1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
We Are!
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive exterior Text Font Vehicle registration plate Teal
Though I’ve never lived there, the state of Colorado has held special meaning for me since childhood. I’ve visited many times and have certainly pondered moving there; in the meantime, it remains very high on my personal “Favorite Places” list.

Over time, I’ve often mounted an out-of-circulation Colorado license plate on the front of my vehicle for sentimental reasons. My home state only requires a rear plate and I see many folks displaying an assortment of fronts - we apparently have no restrictions against the practice.

I was browsing eBay recently (an exercise almost guaranteed to generate a purchase of some sort, right?!) and found an outfit in Georgia that will craft a custom, unofficial license plate for a very nominal charge (mine was around $17), and their turnaround time was baffling (I placed my order Wednesday, it arrived TODAY - Friday, with no “rush” shipping requested).

It’s made of aluminum and is not embossed but appears to be of high quality. Just mounted it a short while ago.

Thought my brothers and sisters of the forum might get a chuckle out of this.

·
We Are!
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Part of why I went with “1911A1” is because it seemed subtle enough that the vast majority of people wouldn’t give it a second glance or thought.

I was pondering getting my “real” license plate personalized the same way, but 1911A1 was already taken. Heck, might even be a member here ha-ha! :)

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
Deo Volente
8,011 Posts
Part of why I went with “1911A1” is because it seemed subtle enough that the vast majority of people wouldn’t give it a second glance or thought.

I was pondering getting my “real” license plate personalized the same way, but 1911A1 was already taken. Heck, might even be a member here ha-ha! :)
How about JMB1911....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts