1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He’s not entirely dead set on a Springfield Ronin, but definitely wants a full size .45
I’ve suggested a DW Vigil over the Ronin for the obvious reasons. Forged parts, checkered front strap, night sights for example.
Its within his price range that he’s got budgeted for the buy.
I personally have no experience with either, but know enough to know which one I’d pick or suggest.
Who’s got either or both and what are your thoughts?
Thanks. 🙂👍🏻

·
Registered
329 Posts
I absolutely love my Vigil. I don't feel any noticable recoil difference. Black rear sight, light weight, and way more accurate than I am. Trigger is great and the finish is beautiful. My son has many different types of pistols and everytime he comes over to shoot he just can't put it down 😂. Tell him to go for the Vigil.

·
born in the wrong century
6,978 Posts
Good luck finding a new DW.

I‘m afraid they are chilling with Elvis & Sasquatch.

Agreed on them being a solid choice for 1911 pistols.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree. I'd take a Dan Wesson over a Springfield any day. (Unless we're talking about the Professional) then I might change my mind.

The problem is finding a full size Vigil. I'm looking for a 5" 45 ACP myself, and I can't find one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I’m not sure I would go with the Vigil as a first 1911. Aren’t they LW frames? If so the recoil might be a turn off. I would get an all steel for a first 1911.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, they have an alloy frame. But, from what I've heard the felt recoil isn't bad.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
Good luck finding a new DW.

I‘m afraid they are chilling with Elvis & Sasquatch.

Agreed on them being a solid choice for 1911 pistols.
If he doesn't mind a suppressor ready version, there are quite a few of them on Gun Broker right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts