1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1885 Highwall in .45-70. It does not have its vernier tang sight installed in this picture. It will never use smokeless powder. I use a 540 grain grease grooved creedmoor bullet in front of 64 grains of Swiss 1.5 black powder in Silhouette competition out to 500 m. I am going to develop a paper patch load to allow more powder capacity and allow me to compete at 1000 yds on a 6 x 6 steel gong. I enjoy putting in the rack when I'm at the range. I can just imaging all the ARs and AKs sitting next to it looking at it and thinking, "Someday, I want to grow up and be just like that." :)
Gun Trigger Shotgun Tan Gun accessory
Display device Television Television set Electrical wiring Computer monitor accessory

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
3,613 Posts
My 1885 Highwall in .45-70. It does not have its vernier tang sight installed in this picture. It will never use smokeless powder. I use a 540 grain grease grooved creedmoor bullet in front of 64 grains of Swiss 1.5 black powder in Silhouette competition out to 500 m. I am going to develop a paper patch load to allow more powder capacity and allow me to compete at 1000 yds on a 6 x 6 steel gong. I enjoy putting in the rack when I'm at the range. I can just imaging all the ARs and AKs sitting next to it looking at it and thinking, "Someday, I want to grow up and be just like that." :) View attachment 379605 View attachment 379607
that thing is

wow!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
My 1885 Highwall in .45-70. It does not have its vernier tang sight installed in this picture. It will never use smokeless powder. I use a 540 grain grease grooved creedmoor bullet in front of 64 grains of Swiss 1.5 black powder in Silhouette competition out to 500 m. I am going to develop a paper patch load to allow more powder capacity and allow me to compete at 1000 yds on a 6 x 6 steel gong. I enjoy putting in the rack when I'm at the range. I can just imaging all the ARs and AKs sitting next to it looking at it and thinking, "Someday, I want to grow up and be just like that." :) View attachment 379605 View attachment 379607
Beautiful rifle. Please tell us more your rifle, and about who stocked your rifle. The blank is wonderful.... English walnut?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice.
Who set it up?
What brand tang sight?
What scope?
(I shot BPCR MS and midrange for several seasons.)
Thanks guys. Nice rifles one and all!

Jim,

Metalwork was done by Curt Hardcastle, stockwork and case color was done by Wyoming Armory. The action (not the sight) is MVA. I prefer Hoke rear sights. Bigger numbers, easier to read. I use a DZ 8X and DZ mounts when I shoot scope.

Pete

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.