A Great Range Bag

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by paid4c4, Feb 7, 2012.

1. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    If you don't care if you range bag has a special name or insignia check out Midway USA: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag
    For $39.00 this is a great bag. I saw one at the range last week and ordered one which arrived today. Check out the reviews, I think these are normally $79.00. I have no association or ownership with Midway USA (wish I did!).
    Bill

2. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I've got their full size and compact bags. They are a great value. It took me a year of weekly hauling around and overstuffing with heavy ammo/guns/etc. to wear out the first zipper on one.

3. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    I got the big one and it's way more bag than I need. However, I can fill that sucker up with all kinds of sheet.

4. Blue Ridge

Nov 3, 2011
    Yeah, the small one is almost too big.

5. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    +1.

Quack turned me on to it when I first started shooting a little over a year ago. I don't compete, but I take a lot of classes - I've yet to out-grow it, and I honestly don't think that I will.

It's a great bag, and I'm thinking about getting another one for my long-gun supplies.

6. OlympicFox

OlympicFox Active Member

Dec 15, 2011
    I've got the big one, too. Yeah, it's big, but then it's perfect for carrying several guns, a couple of hearing protectors, a bunch of magazines, first aid kit, . . .

It's also great for taking to sanctioned matches where it carries 200-300 rounds of ammo, groceries, hats, etc.

All I need now is a mule to carry it. :rofl2:

7. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    I carry a midget in mine. He loads the mags in there and holds them out when I need them.

8. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    :rofl:

9. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    That is hardcore!!!! :rofl2:

Come to think of it, I can probably fit my daughter in the bag...............

10. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Is that available for rent?

11. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    HA...you all think this is really funny but I actually have a very nice client/friend that actually has an assistant that has the sole responsibility of loading his mags while he stands there and shoots! And no the assistant is not a midget, and no I wont tell you who the client/friend is either! Lol!

And on that note I think I'll order me one of these bags cause after two years of constant use mine is getting a bit worn. In it I carry guns, ammo, targets, tools, mags, ear pro, eye pro, oil, rags, a knife or three, stapler, spent brass and more! Weighs about 40lbs when I head out the door to the range.

12. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    the midget or the bag AND midget?

13. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    my midge weighs in at a svelt 53#.

14. Blue Ridge

Nov 3, 2011
    If you can put a midget in it, you must have the compact bag. I'm pretty sure you can fit Refrigerator Perry in the fullsize.

15. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I was planning on making a Midway order soon. I think I'll pick up one of the small bags. Thanks for the reviews, guys. :thumb:

Andy

16. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    I used the bag today for the first time, it is big. I like it because I can get two or three of my own gun rugs in it without any problem. Plenty of room for stuff in this bag. If you're only going to be taking one or two guns to the range the smaller bag may fill the bill.
    Bill

17. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    He lives here in town so I'll go see if I can stuff him in there. :)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted