A happy ending story (mind it's a bit boring)...

Discussion in 'Wilson Combat' started by colt45acp, Feb 10, 2019.

1. colt45acp

colt45acp Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Eleven years ago I bought a W.C. CQB, unfortunately about a few weeks later I discovered that the pistol had a "soft" slide as after about a few hundred cartridges the slide stop notch started to peening.
    I wrote to W.C. and to the Official Importer here and in about a couple of months the pistol was replaced with a brand new one that I put away as a safe queen and never shot.
    A couple of months later I found a Remington 700 Police & Leupold scope for sale at the gunshop I used to go after the range.
    Stupidly enough I did agree to trade my brand new W.C. for rifle & scope.
    The gunshop owner sold the CQB a few days later to an old man that I knew as I often used to see him at the range.
    I regretted I sold that pistol practically the day after.
    I used to see that old man quite often at the range, sometimes he had that CQB with him, and my guts were twisting as I was really upset with myself.
    In these last three or four years I've lost sight of that man, until yesterday.
    We had a chat, and discovered that apparently he's also a pretty good archer and in the last three years he had given up coming to the range and has been competing with his bow instead.
    More to that, he told me about his decision to sell most of his pistols...
    Cutting a long story short I managed to buy my old WC back, and this afternoon she's returned back home...
    I field stripped and cleaned it, the chap barely used it, in fact there are no wear marks, unfortunately by mistake he threw away the original "Wilson Custom Gun Test Target" and the "Quality Control Checklist", and now I wonder if I can still recover a copy of them from Wilson Combat.
    In any case I'm quite pleased, and all this makes me wonder as sometimes a pinch of "luck" can change for the better our lives.

2. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Yes , you can ! Contact Wilson customer service for instructions on how to go about it .
    Congratulations on getting your pistol back !
    Cheers

colt45acp likes this.

3. bobo3020

bobo3020 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Congrats! Amazing how some things find their way home!

4. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    You are one lucky guy! Love them tales that work out for everybody, thanks for the post.

5. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Excellent!! Congrats, that must have felt great.

6. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I have some stories similar to your, except I never see my stuff again and my stomach is still in knots.

CENTURIATOR likes this.
  7. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Then, not sure if this is the same, probably isn't, but ... there is the time my wife cracked a huge chip out of her diamond engagement ring when she managed to hit it "just so" on a big heavy steel door, it was a like a diamond cutter at work, a diamond that cost me a lot of money, saved for it all summer. Now we just laugh about it (while I cry a little inside).

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  8. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Great story. Glad you were able to get your pistol back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. GaryWWhite

GaryWWhite Member

Apr 22, 2016
    I am really glad you got your gun back. I also have a CQB that I might have fired 50 rounds through it in 3 years and really am afraid to mess it up. Understand what it would be like to give it up. Best Wishes!! Gary

10. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted